Ilmor oil filters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ilmor oil filters

Our new X14V is a blast! After only 2-3 weekends of use, we now have 12 hours on the boat, and need to change the oil. I have an oil extractor, and need to buy the oil and filter.

Does anyone know the correct filter for the Ilmor that can be purchased at an auto parts store?

The Owners Manual states it needs an MV8V-1021. Does anyone know what the car version of this is?

Thanks for the input.

Bump ... My MC Dealer was out and noone seems to be able to cross refernece the filter.

Anyone, Anyone

I have 40 hours on my new X14V 5.7 Ilmore and love it. We changed the oil at 15 hours but now need another.

Comment

wixfilters.com does not show a filter that matches.
      '96 ProStar 205 SD LT-1

Comment

MV8 is ilmor prefix to the model of their engine, try v-1021
        James

1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
        sigpic

Comment

The filter appears to be a private label K&N filter.

Comment

What K&N filter are you using on your 6.0?

Comment

This is a little frustrating. No one seems to know what filter to use on the 5.7 Ilmore.

Dealer is researching for me and will let me know if there is a K&N number.

Comment

I emailed K&N last night for the correct part number.

Comment

I picked up a couple at my dealer, however, to me, it looks like a regular older model small block chevy filter....the shorter of the two..... (Wix part # 51069). Thread size and everything looked the same. I cant say for sure though. It has been a while since I had a GenII small block. I think I am going to try one out on the next change.

I have the MV8 6.2l if that makes any difference.

Comment

anyone get a part number for a replacement oil filter on the 5.7 ilmore?

Comment

5.7 6.0 and 6.2 are all the same

IN STOCK...I know they are expensive. If you cross reference to a K and N they are still
                      expensive $22.00 plus shipping

Jim@BAWS
                      James (Jim) Kranendonk Pres-BAWS
                      Tampa Bay's Exclusive MasterCraft Dealer

www.BAYAREAWATERSPORTS.com
                      (813) 996-BAWS (2297)

Comment

Bet it's a Wix 51069/Napa 1069/AC Delco PF25. Evenwith the remote oil filter they probably used a std Chevy oil filter.
                        Wix 1021 does not cross ref, it is a commercial application filter.
                        I'd take i down to Napa and match it up. Start with a 1069 or the longer version of that filter.
                        '06 X2 MCX

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

Comment

i thought the pennzoil pz-167 is a replacement.You can buy that in the us.
                          We use the original ilmorfilters in the Netherlands because we can't get pennzoil filters over here.
                          it is a standard filter on the 2011 indmar engines.
                          I replace them when i have a oilchange for the ilmor filters.
                          Last edited by mastercraft210; 09-21-2011, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraft210 View Post
                            i thought the pennzoil pz-167 is a replacement.You can buy that in the us.
                            We use the original ilmorfilters in the Netherlands because we can't get pennzoil filters over here.
                            it is a standard filter on the 2011 indmar engines.
                            I replace them when i have a oilchange for the ilmor filters.
                            WHAT??????????
                            James (Jim) Kranendonk Pres-BAWS
                            Tampa Bay's Exclusive MasterCraft Dealer

www.BAYAREAWATERSPORTS.com
                            (813) 996-BAWS (2297)

Comment

what i ment is that we use the original ilmor filters on the ilmor.
                              And for the new indmars we also use the ilmor filters.
                              standard indmar filter 2011 is the pennzoil.
                              Maybe i wrote it a little better now.

Comment

Working...
                              X