Boat fenders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat fenders

So does anyone have a great set up for boat fenders? I just tied mine around the tower as I pull up but would love to see a better system.

Taylormade makes a fender hanger, makes adjusting easy.

Name:  96609f44453d8301daddc25ade3e8b7c.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  57.3 KB

Comment

Check out the fender system thats an option on the new 2013's. It works great. You can order the mounts as a Mastercraft part number from your local dealer. In the back of the new cataloge you can see a pic of one.

Comment

Anything online about the new option?

Comment

Not sure if this is the same system. Looks slick.

http://bigskyprecision.com/PhenderPro.php

Comment

Originally posted by KahunaCraft View Post
            Not sure if this is the same system. Looks slick.

http://bigskyprecision.com/PhenderPro.php
            Yup, those are them. Its an option for the new 2013's and they have the Mastercraft logo stamped on them.

Comment

Cobalt

Yes, those the one's Cobalt has been using for a few years. I seen them two years ago and thought that was a nice option.

Comment

Very nice. Thanks!

Comment

Does anyone know that MC part number for these? I want to put a few on my PS205

Comment

I use these suction cups. effective and quick, even with how much wax I have on my boat.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...p&merchID=4005

Comment

Originally posted by Schrade View Post
                      Does anyone know that MC part number for these? I want to put a few on my PS205
                      Part #554020 and about $116 each.
                      To see the actual part, get your hands on the new catalog and its near the end.

Comment

suction cups

I used suction cups on my last boat and one fell off in the middle of the night cost about $1,000 to fix the next week while it plowed against the dock in the night and the next morning. Won't do that again, please beware. They may be fine for going into a store or getting gas but I would NOT ever leave my boat unattended for any amount of time with them. I never had a problem till that night either.

Comment

Fenders tied with ropes for the main fenders is the best. I have not found a good system of suction cups or hangers that was any easier or effective and have dropped several into the water.

We dont even know what kind of boat or existing cleat locations OP has.
                          I have added an extra set up pull up cleats to the rear corners of mine. Ski boats are notorious for poor or non-existant cleats. If you are into social rafting or overnight docking, dont be afraid to add additional cleats. Use larger backing plates and ideally add a couple layers of fiberglass reinforcement and you will never wish they were not there. Stainless welding when you rip out rails or interior repair from torn handles used to tie off sucks and costs more than just doing it right.

8" Taylor made Big B is a reliable fender. The Big B is pure usable fender, no eyes to bend funny or take up extra room.
                          I use 10's at the tower and 8's on the rear with another 6 and 4 for those odd points. Big fenders are the best solution for a relaxing day in the cove and no excuses for scratches.
                          Last edited by bsloop; 11-20-2012, 01:32 AM.
                          1991 MariStar 240sc, 454, tower, WetSounds, Krypt and Rockford Fosgate

Comment

I have these little "clips" that allow me to hang my fenders....

2008 Mastercraft 40th Anniversary X-star
                            www.buckeyemarine.com

2008 Touareg V8 Galapagos Metallic, Sienna leather, Execline, Technology pkg, Sports pkg,Class III hitch.

2012 Volkswagen GTI 5dr DSG, Carbon Grey Metallic w/ Leather/Luxury, Technology and 18" Serron Pkg's. H&R springs, Unitronic Stage 2 Chip, Ultimate racing 3" downpipe w/200 cell metal cat, xenondepot 3k HID Fog lights.

Comment

picture

Can we get a close up? They look neat but I can't see them very well to tell what they are.

Thanks,

JG

Comment

Working...
                              X