Exhaust Hoses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust Hoses

Doing some maintenance today and noticed one of my exhaust hoses is "wrinkled". This is the hose that connects the exhaust manifold to the muffler. One side is smooth and looks normal. The other side has a few wrinkles in it like it is somewhat collapsed. Possibly was a little too long and was installed with a little twist in it. Not sure if this description makes any sense??? Cant see what it would hurt (other than proper flow, if any) but the two hoses do not look the same so I thought I would ask.

Boat is a 2006 Maristar 200, 350 MCX, V Drive

Thanks!
    Last edited by clc900; 01-17-2013, 01:31 PM. Reason: .
    2006 Maristar 200
    350 MCX
    V Drive

can you post a picture? could be time for a new hose...
    sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

How is this?
      Attached Files
      2006 Maristar 200
      350 MCX
      V Drive

Comment

Looks fine to me, just a little out of shape. I would just keep an eye on it throughout the season, unless your OCD is kickin in and that is driving you crazy...

Comment

I would replace - . 02.... short piece
          sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
            I would replace - . 02.... short piece
            +1. That does NOT look normal!
            I love to travel, but hate to arrive. ~~ A. Einstein
            -----
            You donít stop riding because youíre getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.
            -----
            Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a Ride! ~~ Hunter S. Thompson
            -----
            My wakeboard is calling, and I must go ride! ~~ Me

Comment

Looks fine as in not a serious potential problem, just warped hose. Ski Dim has hose by the foot for $17.99/ft for the 3", $19.99/ft for the 3.5" piece, or $22.99/ft for the 4". Actually an easy fix, might as well.

Comment

Did you overheat at some point?
                Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Comment

Check your impeller - that hose looks like it got too hot, which would happen if the impeller was bad. If your impeller shredded at some point, the vanes may be blocking a water passage.

Try running the boat for 10 minutes or so, and checking the temperatures of the port and starboard exhaust hoses - they should be similar temps, and warm but not hot.
                  1998 Maristar 200VRS

Comment

I will plan on replacing it. I will run it this weekend and check the temperature of each side before I replace the hose. Once I get it off I will inspect the inside and try to see what caused it to warp.

Thanks guys!
                    2006 Maristar 200
                    350 MCX
                    V Drive

Comment

Originally posted by east tx skier View Post
                      Did you overheat at some point?
                      That's what I was thinking. Is this boat "new to you"? If not, when did it get this way?
                      -----
                      You donít stop riding because youíre getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.
                      -----
                      Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a Ride! ~~ Hunter S. Thompson
                      -----

Comment

Originally posted by clc900 View Post
                        I will plan on replacing it. I will run it this weekend and check the temperature of each side before I replace the hose. Once I get it off I will inspect the inside and try to see what caused it to warp.

Thanks guys!
                        I'm suspecting you are going to find the hose damaged inside. How does it compare to the other side in terms of softness and flexible?
                        -----
                        -----
                        -----

Comment

I would replace ... and then keep checking the new one ... it warped ... maybe for age or bad material reasons ... but it also could have warped due to high heat ... if it warps a new hose then it means that you need to consider checking your manifold to make sure there is no restriction in water flow which would help offset the heat ....

Just my $0.02 ...... not overly serious but maybe a "clue" to something else going on ....
                          Keep a tight line, and a smile on your face. Peace out.
                          2008 Prostar 214 MCX
                          Previous 93 Prostar 190 1.5:1 GT40

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."

Comment

Originally posted by 93Prostar190 View Post
                            I would replace ... and then keep checking the new one ... it warped ... maybe for age or bad material reasons ... but it also could have warped due to high heat ... if it warps a new hose then it means that you need to consider checking your manifold to make sure there is no restriction in water flow which would help offset the heat ....

Just my $0.02 ...... not overly serious but maybe a "clue" to something else going on ....
                            we need cloaked to post his picture again...

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
                              we need cloaked to post his picture again...
                              Which Pic?
                              Keep a tight line, and a smile on your face. Peace out.
                              2008 Prostar 214 MCX
                              Previous 93 Prostar 190 1.5:1 GT40

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."

Comment

Working...
                              X