Spin-on Fuel Filter Part #

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spin-on Fuel Filter Part #

I'm going to make a run to pick up parts for my winterization/annual maintenance day, whenever that may be.

Can I pick up one of those spin-on fuel filters/water separators at an autoparts store, or is that something I'll have to order from skidim or the like?
    Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Doug

I think you could go ahead and try NAPA part #3225 for the separator and NAPA part # 39413 for the fuel pump filter element..

Thats all I got..

The wife calls me abrasive
    The kids call me Daddy Sweetwater
    But the ladies, they just call me El Guapo

Comment

Thanks, Mark. I remember the "element" having a NAPA part number. I've got one down the street from my office. Sounds like a friendly visit to them is in my future. Much obliged.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Comment

Eastie, got my spin on water filter from Napa also. # 3225 for me too.

Comment

Great. Thanks for the confirm, Rick.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

Comment

On the Napa website, neither of the PNs bring up the filters we're talking about (or filters at all for that matter).

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

Comment

That wouldnít surprise me a bit.. NAPA doesnít strike me as an awfully computer savvy place.. Maybe its an obscure part and thatís why its not listed.. My NAPA has those parts and it is miles away from water..

Comment

That's what I figured. I'll pay them a visit.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

Comment

The Napagold 3225 you guys mention is the fuel separator, not a filter, and is typically used in diesel engines. The guy at the parts counter was surprised I was using it in a marine environment. I was unable to find the 3225 on their website but it was available at the counter the last couple times I've asked.

The NAPAgold 3481 is the fuel filter in my '94 TBI GM 350. The ford may use a different filter.
                  -
                  Bill
                  -former '94 PS205 owner. Still ridin my Sky Ski.....

Comment

I see what you mean, (I just got back from NAPA online).

I got the # from the guy behind the counter on my last visit, (this past spring). I know he got the NAPA # from crossing over the GLM # that was 24940. Thatís no help on the NAPA website either, I just checked.. Now you have me curious. Let me know how your visit to NAPA goes..

Comment

I will. I'm trying to consolodate my shopping. I may just buy the Sierra filter from my local inboard dealer. They only want $6 for it. Just wanted to see if the Napa version was less expensive.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

Comment

Doug, 6 bucks is not bad, I think the last time I bought a NAPA 3225 is was more than that.
                        OH-IO!

Comment

HeII, 6 bucks is a good price. I would go with that one. But you still have to visit the NAPA boys so you can tell us all whats up???

Comment

Don't skimp too much on your filters. The NapaGold series are made by Wix, one of the highest rated filter companies out there.
                            Here is an oil filter study where Wix gets rated pretty well.
                            -
                            Bill
                            -former '94 PS205 owner. Still ridin my Sky Ski.....

Comment

Yeah, I paid too much for an impeller today though (no comment). I was there and they had what I needed. Plus, I'd rather give them my money. Plus, I've taken 100 fold the amount I overpaid for the impeller in free advice over the last couple of years.

All I've got left to buy is stabilizer, oil, oil filter, fuel filters, trailer taillight, spark plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, and rotor.

I will then put it all in a box and continue skiing just a little longer.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

Comment

Working...
                              X