Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perfect pass install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Perfect pass install

    So I have loaded my sportstar with 1700 pounds of fat sacs and I now need perfect pass to control the speed. My boat has the 5.7 350 indmar with fuel injection. I found this listing on ebay and was wandering what else will i need to buy to make this setup work.

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/MASTERCRAFT-...-/190907832748
    Everyday I wake up and think this is going to be the worst day of my life.

  • #2
    You will need a gauge and paddle wheel at least. I installed it on my Maristar, but I already had the paddle wheel, which made the install much easier. The version you selected is the same version that I have. If you do not want to go with a paddle wheel, then you can just install the GPS version, which eliminates the need for the paddle wheel and uses a receiver puck, placed on the dash. Just make sure you don't get the DBW version bc it will not work with your boat. Talk to Perfect Pass if you have any questions as they are very knowledgeable and helpful. The install went much smoother that I thought it would. I have also upgraded my neighbors to the Stargazer version, which was even easier.

    Comment


    • #3
      Can a gps unit be installed with that PP system on the ebay link i listed. Is it compatible.
      Everyday I wake up and think this is going to be the worst day of my life.

      Comment


      • #4
        I would call PP direct. I bought my original, and then when available, upgraded to Stargazer direct from the company. All questions answered with first phone calls. Great company.

        Comment


        • #5
          I would recommend the Perfect Pass Stargazer with GPS. Check out Skiertoskier.com. They had the best pricing available on new units when I installed mine in my sportstar 2 years ago.

          http://www.skiertoskier.com/contents/en-us/p7.html

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by gwozhog View Post
            Can a gps unit be installed with that PP system on the ebay link i listed. Is it compatible.
            Some of it, yes, but they would have to send you a new computer to upgrade to the GPS version. Whichever version you get, just make sure you get the multiline gauge. As long as you have the multiline gauge, then all you need for the GPS upgrade is the new computer and the puck antenna. You will still need the controller motor that goes on the engine as well as the cables that hook it up. At that point, you may as well just buy it from PP. Like I said before, PP will guide you through everything you need. Just be aware that they will not warranty anything not bought through them or an authorized distributor. They will probably highly discourage you from buying from ebay, but that is up to you. I don't think it would stop me.

            Try looking on http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skii...ory=Speed_Ctrl. There are sometimes used units out there that will do the trick for you for fairly reasonable.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by carlsonwa View Post
              I would recommend the Perfect Pass Stargazer with GPS. Check out Skiertoskier.com. They had the best pricing available on new units when I installed mine in my sportstar 2 years ago.

              http://www.skiertoskier.com/contents/en-us/p7.html
              +1

              They have the best prices anywhere that I have seen.

              GPS is the way to go.

              I got mine last year for $1,247 shipped. PP people are OK to work with. Mine had a low audible to confirm the settings, I sent it back, they replaced it no charge, and no return shipping hassles.

              I'd pass on the make-shift conversion or add-ons.

              .
              93 190
              .
              Don't be a boot licker
              .

              Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

              sigpic

              ..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

              RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
              NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

              feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

              .

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Cloaked View Post
                +1

                They have the best prices anywhere that I have seen.

                GPS is the way to go.

                I got mine last year for $1,247 shipped. PP people are OK to work with. Mine had a low audible to confirm the settings, I sent it back, they replaced it no charge, and no return shipping hassles.

                I'd pass on the make-shift conversion or add-ons.

                .
                And you're STILL griping about it!
                http://weathersticker.wunderground.c.../Brunswick.gif

                Comment


                • #9
                  +1 for skier to skier

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I found a very cheap way to upgrade the paddle wheel to gps speed control. There is a device called the NL4-PP which eliminates the paddle wheel. It hooks up to the same connection for the paddle wheel on the perfect pass module. It sells for only 200 bucks. That will save me the headache of having to pay someone to drill a hole in the bottom of my boat. Winning! The only function i will lose will be the water temp but i could care less about that. So I will be able to piece together a complete PP gps system now for under 600 bucks plus what ever i can find for a display gauge. From reviews i read on malibu forums it works as good or better than the paddle wheel.
                    Everyday I wake up and think this is going to be the worst day of my life.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SkiDog View Post
                      And you're STILL griping about it!
                      You make me laugh....

                      Seems like a lot of money for a speed controller....

                      I have found a wired remote for my head unit that I am not willing to pay $175.

                      .
                      93 190
                      .
                      Don't be a boot licker
                      .

                      Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

                      sigpic

                      ..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

                      RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
                      NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

                      feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

                      .

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by gwozhog View Post
                        I found a very cheap way to upgrade the paddle wheel to gps speed control. There is a device called the NL4-PP which eliminates the paddle wheel. It hooks up to the same connection for the paddle wheel on the perfect pass module. It sells for only 200 bucks. That will save me the headache of having to pay someone to drill a hole in the bottom of my boat. Winning! The only function i will lose will be the water temp but i could care less about that. So I will be able to piece together a complete PP gps system now for under 600 bucks plus what ever i can find for a display gauge. From reviews i read on malibu forums it works as good or better than the paddle wheel.
                        Sounds like a plan.... Best of luck. Sounds like you're on the right track.

                        Actually, you can plumb in the temperature sensor on your water intake line. There is a thread here somewhere with pictures etc.

                        http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...40&postcount=5

                        .

                        .
                        Last edited by Cloaked; 01-20-2014, 09:44 PM.
                        93 190
                        .
                        Don't be a boot licker
                        .

                        Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

                        sigpic

                        ..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

                        RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
                        NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

                        feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

                        .

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Here's another thread with my lake water temp sensor install:
                          http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=55556

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Well I finally got perfect pass installed today. I hooked up the gps control from nautic logic and it linked up super fast. Weather tommorow is high of 69 so I will get to do a water test and get some wakeboarding in. Gotta love texas winters.
                            Everyday I wake up and think this is going to be the worst day of my life.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              High 60's??!!!! Have ski, will travel! I've got cabin fever baaaad. I'm also moving to star gazer, then using the paddle wheel hole to install depth gauge sender.
                              Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X