LTD Mastercraft restoration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LTD Mastercraft restoration

Hello guys I am going to making own thread for the boat restoration project I am doing. I know I will have alot of questions and replys to this post. I have the other post and pics on Winter projects. Thanks guys for the info I have gotten so far about the boat. There will be more pics to come.
    Attached Files

Beer bottle brown metal flake is my most favorite color
    (hope you can sand that back to it's former glory...)
    http://www.mastercraft.com/photopost...er=2572&sort=1
    Need LT-1 parts?
    OIL FILTER: Factory installed is a Penzoil P23, Afta market brands, AC Delco PF-454 and a Fram PH-13 or PH-30 will work.
    SPARK PLUGS: AC Delco MR43LTS (gapped to .040")
    FUEL FILTERS: AC Delco 25171391 (pump inlet side)
    89058397 (pump outlet side)
    IGNITION WIRES: Call Inboard Online @ (877) 327-7175 and order part numbers 556010A (odd bank) and 556010B (even bank)

Comment

Nice project! She will look stunning when finished, love that color! Is the bottom of the hull metalflake too? Hard to tell with the white-ish color shown in pics.

Where in the northeast are you?
      I was njskier on here.

Comment

JLeuck64, I hope so to it just just might take alot of elbow grease.

njskier, I from Mich. Looks to be like the was painted white at one time with a spray can not to sure why but it shouldnt be to hard to get it all off.

Comment

Just be careful when sanding. You sound like you have some experience in mechanicing, I just want to put my 2 cents in that you would be surprised how well you can get that gell coat to look if you take your time sanding through the wear and tear. Of course it is sometimes much tougher to bring the metal flake back our to look good than bringing out standard gel-coat colors. Good luck. The more pics you post, the better for everyone. I love seeing someone else project in motion. If I was up there where you live, I would be outside with you sanding away.

Comment

Originally posted by americanskierJim View Post
            Hello guys I am going to making own thread for the boat restoration project I am doing. I know I will have alot of questions and replys to this post. I have the other post and pics on Winter projects. Thanks guys for the info I have gotten so far about the boat. There will be more pics to come.
            Those grills look great.
            Automatic doors make me feel like a Jedi

Comment

Thanks markismm, I could use another hand with the sanding. Here at my body shop I can get one other guy to help out with the sanding. It will take sometime to sand I am ready for the challenge at hand to bring it back to life.

Yellow78mc, Thanks cant wait to get them on the boat but it is going to be sometime before they get put on.

Comment

Here is a pic of the manifolds I am going to blast them tomorrow so I can repaint them. I am going to do the lettering in white and try and do the "V8" box in red with the V AND THE 8 done in white.
                Attached Files

Comment

I will get some pics of the motor tomorrow. It is all all done but the carb (600 holly)has not been put on as of yet. I painted the block Blue and the heads are black there new heads. the pully,s are painted chrome for now untill I want to get the real thing lol. I laso added a breakerless system so no more points to deal with. new cap and wires(not on yet).

Comment

Here is a pic of the manifolds I am going to blast them tomorrow so I can repaint them. I am going to do the lettering in white and try and do the "V8" box in red with the V AND THE 8 done in white.
                    If you haven't already, go ahead and replace the gaskets between the manifolds and the riser while you've got them off the engine, they look like they have been leaking for a while. Get the good ones, http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RM0002
                    Charter Member Number 1

Quote: 2RLAKE,
                    At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Comment

I have seen some guys paint the runners (portion of the manifold that is rusted) with a high temp heat resistant paint, like 1500 or 2000 degrees. Then paint the rest of the manifold with normal engine paint. It ends up looking great and it doesn't burn off!!!
                      http://www.mastercraft.com/photopost...er=2572&sort=1
                      Need LT-1 parts?
                      OIL FILTER: Factory installed is a Penzoil P23, Afta market brands, AC Delco PF-454 and a Fram PH-13 or PH-30 will work.
                      SPARK PLUGS: AC Delco MR43LTS (gapped to .040")
                      FUEL FILTERS: AC Delco 25171391 (pump inlet side)
                      89058397 (pump outlet side)
                      IGNITION WIRES: Call Inboard Online @ (877) 327-7175 and order part numbers 556010A (odd bank) and 556010B (even bank)

Comment

That is what I did on my manifolds. I painted the non-water-jacketed portion of the manifolds with a high heat 550deg paint and the rest of the manifolds are painted with a 350deg wrinkle paint to change up the factory look. I am not a big fan of the gloss paint put on from the factory. In any event, I would definitely paint the runners with as high of a temp you can find or it will burn off and rust in the same place yours already have. Can't wait to see how they look when finished.

Comment

TMCNO1, Thanks for the info I have a been looking at DIM book to get some new ones. I will get them apart and get them cleaned up and resealed. I also need to get a new damper plate the old one is a bad one.

JLeuck64, I do have 1500 paint I would hope that it doesnt burn off.

Markismm, I like the way you did yours I will keep all your tips in mind when I do these manifolds. Shouldnt be to hard to do.
                          Last edited by americanskierJim; 12-21-2009, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Here is some pic's my friend found and sent to me of the boat when I got it. It was full of Hickory nuts to the edge of the lip. It took me a month of cleaning to get them all out. I pulled up the floor and checked the stringers and the in wonderful shape along with the bottom of the boat.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here are some more to see.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X