X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 Pro Star Restoroation - Another winter project

Another winter project ,

Nearly there with buying this boat ,
    Been stood in the corner of a field for 6 years not covered and the worst bit with the hull drain bug still installed, the first thing I did when I saw it was to remove the bug .
    I have been told that the boat was at one time was nearly full up with water inside , hence loads of internal water damage .
    Keen price , will post as this one moves on .

Kevin

Name:  3831a44844d8e158c6da8b10e4355c08.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  86.5 KB

Name:  00b0fabaecbfe34064f68232d578bbcd.jpg
Size:  76.4 KB

Name:  fc7fd9fee93928c95f92786c3354fb50.jpg
Size:  89.6 KB

Name:  e0a4dabd463021dc8e6d6b4707dad5e5.jpg
Size:  91.4 KB

Name:  3ad5368042269924ae05132af104953e.jpg
Size:  75.4 KB

Holy ****! Whoever did that to a boat needs a thumpin. Electrics will be a nightmare with the Motor let alone guages. Hull and tower look good. Gooood luck. Have fun

Comment

Looks like a fine project at the right price. Good luck.
      - Peter
      TANDEM AXLE PACKAGE - $950 DELIVERED WHEEL IMAGE
      5 14X5.5 T06 WHEELS W/5 ST215/75R14 KENDA LOADSTAR RADIALS SS CENTER CAPS, LUGS, MOUNTED, BALANCED & READY TO INSTALL

PM or email me for tire, wheel or package pricing.
      CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
      LED lights, Chrome & Powder Coated Lugs
      2 LED 6" BRAKE LIGHTS DELIVERED $25

tiresplease@gmail.com

Comment

good things theres no wood in the construction

Comment

95 or is that a 96..... a little wd40 on that alternator should take care of it...

Good luck...can't wait to see the on going pics...the ski pylon show the waterline....

Can't imagine someone having something that cost that much and not give a flyin'....you know what.

ooo...just realized - waterline over tranny... that could be a real problem too.... dang... did you get from original owner?
          Last edited by mikeg205; 09-16-2012, 06:24 PM.
          sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

I can't belive you're wearing your shoes in that boat. We have a no shoes rule on ours.

Comment

you got your hands full with that one! looks super fun!

Comment

Originally posted by gatorguy View Post
                I can't belive you're wearing your shoes in that boat. We have a no shoes rule on ours.
                sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

[QUOTE=mgorczak1;878119]95 or is that a 96..... a little wd40 on that alternator should take care of it...

QUOTE]

I think I'd throw a new belt on it while I was in there!

I'd like to walk up to the person who let that boat go to waste and slap them on the forehead and say "No....No.....No!"
                  “You realize your odds of winning the lottery are the same as being mauled by a polar bear and a regular bear in the same day”….E-Trade Baby.

Comment

[QUOTE=ahhudgins;878135]
                    Originally posted by mgorczak1 View Post
                    95 or is that a 96..... a little wd40 on that alternator should take care of it...

QUOTE]

I think I'd throw a new belt on it while I was in there!

I'd like to walk up to the person who let that boat go to waste and slap them on the forehead and say "No....No.....No!"

Right ah.... some of us work way to hard to get a great piece of equipment like this...it's sooo hard seeing someone let one go to waste...at least sell the the boat to someone who cares before it rots.

Comment

Originally posted by mgorczak1 View Post

Good luck...can't wait to see the on going pics...the ski pylon show the waterline....

Can't imagine someone having something that cost that much and not give a flyin'....you know what.

ooo...just realized - waterline over tranny... that could be a real problem too.... dang... did you get from original owner?
                      Was the predator motor around in 95-96? I was thinking it was a sportstar or skier (I have the predator in my '01 skier).

Either way, good luck with the rebuild!

Comment

Holy schitt!
                        Looks like a 95-97 PS, but yeah, thought the Predator was later model.
                        No matter anyway, you're buying a hull and a tower that needs to be gutted, completely.
                        Not sure what MC's go for over there, but that boat is worth the used price of the tower only.........not even that really.
                        That boat in the US is a $13-14k boat ...........spotless with a LT-1, ND tower and tandem trailer to boot.
                        I wouldn't touch it unless they were paying you at least $5k to haul it away, seriously.
                        Good luck with the "project."

Oh, at least it has closed cooling, so no salt water damage! hahaha
                        Last edited by Thrall; 09-17-2012, 01:14 PM.
                        '06 X2 MCX

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

Comment

Hi all

It is a 96 age stamped hull .
                          The original owner disappeared about 6 years ago and left with some who knows nothing about boats ,hence why it has been not looked after .

Not sure about the options for the correct engine on this ,I have no reason to think it is not correct engine , hopefully some one can advise , hull id MBCUSAT9F96

The gearbox has been fully submerged in water however I have checked the oil and it looks good with no signs of water , same for the engine oil.

Will be a few weeks before I know if the deal has come off , well looking forward to this little project .

Will keep you all posted .

Kevin

Comment

Another picture ,
                            I think the fuel tank has also been filled with water hence why the fuel has come out of the breather .

Name:  684ec033c8a3dfdf34c07fcfb6fb1911.jpg
Size:  82.6 KB

Comment

Wow. Can't wait to see her brought back to life. Should be a very time consuming project, but worth it in the end. Just a thought, but check around the edges of the floor for soft spots since there was so much water in there. The foam may have separated from the floor and may still be holding water.

Comment

Working...
                              X