Traxx822's Winter upgrades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traxx822's Winter upgrades

Alright guys, Nothing special or cool to start this thread out with. But I wanted to have a place to put everything that is getting done on the boat this winter. Photos and updates to follow.

I appreciate any input anyone has to give on any of these projects. Below is a list of things getting done to the boat this winter. It may be added to as winter goes on. If you know any links to threads that can help me please post the link here.

WINTER UPGRADE LIST

* Plumb Ballast
    * Order ballast pumps
    * Order ballast bags
    * Order switch panel (fill & drain)
    * Repair fiberglass damage
    * Vinyl wrap boat (make design)
    * Powdercoat windshield frame (color TBD)
    * Tint windows
    * New matching gauges ( Brand TBD)
    * Gauge bezel Hydro dipping
    * Garmin 596, radar, chartplotter install (If I make enough $)
    * 3D Mapping depth finder
    * Replace/repair broken wakesurf rack
    * Install extra 10" JL IB Sub
    * Order another 10" LED sub ring
    * Replace all 7.7" LED rings with new ones
    * Sell 700/5 JL amp & buy 900/5 JL amp
    * Replace Alternator
    * Rebuild water pump
    * Rebuild rudder seal
    * SeaDek measurements /estimate for interior carpet replacement

Next season is going to be awesome! I think after this my boat will be done for a while and I will focus on the trailer next season.

Photos will be added as things get ordered, put on & completed.

sigpic
    When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.
    1 Corinthians Chapter 13 - 11

I have for sale right now 2 Ballast bags. Straight Line 540#'s and 1 sumo pump, make an offer

700/5 JL M Series amp. Only 1.5 seasons old, Make offer

OEM Speedo, Make offer (other gauges will be for sale once I know I'm buying new ones) Suggestions?
    Last edited by Traxx822; 11-14-2013, 10:01 AM.
    sigpic
    When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.

Comment

wonder if the two ballast bags would let me mess around on a surf wake on my boat
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Hoosier Bob
      She always misses me and when I turn her on it is hard to turn her off! She is MC and she completes me! She is the first ride that wants it as much as I do!

Comment

I'm sure it would

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
        sigpic

Comment

you forgot install new Ford Raptor marinized engine...
          sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Originally posted by cbryan70 View Post
            wonder if the two ballast bags would let me mess around on a surf wake on my boat
            You're darn straight it would.

Comment

Why replacing alternator?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Comment

Check WakeMakers for your ballast needs. They sell really slick kits to install factory like ballast into older boats like ours. I ran new bags, all on separate thru-hulls and pumps. 650lb bag fills in approx 4 mins. Super nice install and really easy. They're really helpful too.

Comment

That's a to-do list.very nice! cant wait to see the wrap.
                  "Hey baby want to make fourteen dollars the hard way?"--Rondhey Dangerfeild-Caddy Shack.

"Was it over when the German's bombed pearl harbor ?"
                  ---Animal house

Comment

Originally posted by supreme112279 View Post
                    Why replacing alternator?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
                    The bearing is bad and you can hear it. It's original so it's just time for a new one.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaSurfer View Post
                      Check WakeMakers for your ballast needs. They sell really slick kits to install factory like ballast into older boats like ours. I ran new bags, all on separate thru-hulls and pumps. 650lb bag fills in approx 4 mins. Super nice install and really easy. They're really helpful too.
                      That is where I plan to start scoping out my options. I'm sure they can help me. I don't think the ballast system is going to cost a lot but it is my first priority, then wrap, repairs, and windshield. I think im going to do separate thru hulls on separate pumps too.

I have meetings set up with a couple vinyl wrap companies this week and next. Excited to start working on these.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaSurfer View Post
                        When you say "thru-hulls" did you install new inlet and new over flow for each bag? Drilled holes yourself?
                        2008 X2

Comment

How much for the sacs? No clue how much they go for. It they Dont sell I'll drag the new boat down and ilk see what kind of wake if any my boat can throw...if its half decent I'll buy as long as we can work out an agreement for me to borrow a board for a family vacation planned for July. No way I can spring for a surf board this year.
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Hoosier Bob
                          She always misses me and when I turn her on it is hard to turn her off! She is MC and she completes me! She is the first ride that wants it as much as I do!

Comment

Originally posted by Millertime View Post
                            When you say "thru-hulls" did you install new inlet and new over flow for each bag? Drilled holes yourself?
                            Yeah I did. They fill/drain from the same thru-hull and have an overflow vent. The pumps are reversible and really fast. Drilling is simple, I used magnets to mark the holes.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cbryan70 View Post
                              How much for the sacs? No clue how much they go for. It they Dont sell I'll drag the new boat down and ilk see what kind of wake if any my boat can throw...if its half decent I'll buy as long as we can work out an agreement for me to borrow a board for a family vacation planned for July. No way I can spring for a surf board this year.
                              Hey, CBryan, I'll make you a deal... If you Buy Traxx's sacs, I'll GIVE you a wakeboard. I have an older Liquid Force Trip 133 in the rafters you're welcome to. I figure it helps spread the sport. It's got older Double Up Ultra Clamp wraps on it, and they're a little bagged out so they fit bigger feet. I'm size 8, and they fit me as easily as my buddy's size 11. It may be a bit small for you to really shred, but you'll have zero troubles learning to ride on it, and it's a great board for the Fam.

Unless you're referring to a surfboard, then I can't help you...

Comment

Working...
                              X