Decals, Gauges, and Metal Flake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decals, Gauges, and Metal Flake

It's been a long time since I have posted on here. I mainly do a lot of reading instead. I wanted to update my long drawn out restoration project.

Boat:
    1976 S&S Red, White, & Blue

I have rebuilt the engine, carb, stringers, carpet, etc. and am now working on electrical and cosmetics. This week I started replacing all the wiring in the dash, and wanted an opinion on where I need to have fuses at. (Previously, only the lights, and power form the ammeter to the ignition had fuses.) I am using the attached circuit diagram as a guide.

Before:
    Name:  777b226d60dca3c53457f7da4d53135e.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  147.0 KB

After:
    Name:  4c5cfbda8385d13715845d5a9a0f42ee.jpg
Size:  54.6 KB
    Edit: I wasn't quite done here, I did finish heat shrinking everything

The next time I work on the electrical, I want to get the alternator replaced, but for now I think this will work much better.

Next issue, I need advice on replacing the decal above the swim platform. (working on that as well)
    Name:  c256d7742ed4692a271fb45f5b889253.jpg
Size:  63.4 KB

I know Jim has lots of decals, haven't read about anyone replacing this particular one. That's all for now, later I will get into the gelcoat and platform.

And other pictures,

Name:  a7acb495fb6c1312976dbde610f295fc.jpg
Size:  60.6 KB
    Name:  31d2a624f765258d8335db88c7dd2f65.jpg
Size:  114.2 KB
    Attached Files

We sadly lost Jim just a bit ago. I can provide you with those decals - PM for details if your interested.

The stern decal can be easily created....

Thatsmrmastercraft changed his recently.

mike
    sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
      We sadly lost Jim just a bit ago. I can provide you with those decals - PM for details if your interested.

The stern decal can be easily created....

Thatsmrmastercraft changed his recently.

mike
      All decals from Mike. Just have stars on my stern, but would really like to do something more.
      Attached Files
      - Peter
      TANDEM AXLE PACKAGE - $950 DELIVERED WHEEL IMAGE
      5 14X5.5 T06 WHEELS W/5 ST215/75R14 KENDA LOADSTAR RADIALS SS CENTER CAPS, LUGS, MOUNTED, BALANCED & READY TO INSTALL

PM or email me for tire, wheel or package pricing.
      CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
      LED lights, Chrome & Powder Coated Lugs
      2 LED 6" BRAKE LIGHTS DELIVERED $25

tiresplease@gmail.com

Comment

I believe I can generate and alphabet and even numbers...
        Attached Files
        sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Just a FYI that bar on the pylon will come out....lube it up and beat it out. They go back in alot easier than they come out.
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Hoosier Bob
          She always misses me and when I turn her on it is hard to turn her off! She is MC and she completes me! She is the first ride that wants it as much as I do!

Comment

Originally posted by cbryan70 View Post
            Just a FYI that bar on the pylon will come out....lube it up and beat it out. They go back in alot easier than they come out.
            uhhhh.... never mind...

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
              uhhhh.... never mind...
              Haaa just read what I wrote...he will get the point.....I think
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Hoosier Bob
              She always misses me and when I turn her on it is hard to turn her off! She is MC and she completes me! She is the first ride that wants it as much as I do!

Comment

Originally posted by cbryan70 View Post
                Getting it started is the tough part. Takes a couple good whacks with someone bracing the pylon from the other side.
                - Peter
                5 14X5.5 T06 WHEELS W/5 ST215/75R14 KENDA LOADSTAR RADIALS SS CENTER CAPS, LUGS, MOUNTED, BALANCED & READY TO INSTALL

tiresplease@gmail.com

Comment

Mike, the ones you did for Thatsmrmastercraft look good, I think I would want to stick with the "Regional Towboat" decal, I think the back looks better with it than just stars. I know I should take the pylon out, I should be done under the floor for a while after this weekend. I've had it out before, lube always helps. :P

Any advice on what to put fuses on?

Comment

I would think you would want all circuits protected by fuses. My '77 has fuses for everything. I know I have pics of the fuseblock but can't find them. When I find them, I will post them.

I do have another wiring diagram though I don't know what years this covers. Essentially the same thing you already have.

Are you a facebook guy? The Mastercraft Project there is specifically for '68 - '85 boats with some guys that are really sharp regarding '76 and older boats.
                    Attached Files
                    - Peter

tiresplease@gmail.com

Comment

That's a good point, I am on FB, just haven't been on there in a while.

thatsmrmastercraft, I thought about getting the block with fuses, sounds like that's what you did. That would be great if you could post a pic of what you've got, I could at least put in-line fuses on. I forgot to post a pic of the speedos, these turned out great thanks to classic boat work.

Name:  231e4b840bdf3e656cc84f97f70963f2.jpg
Size:  109.8 KB

Comment

those look awesome!

Comment

I haven't replaced my original fuse block yet, but it is on the list for this spring. Those speedometers look great. Classic Boat Works does top notch work.
                          - Peter

tiresplease@gmail.com

Comment

So here is the update,

I have almost everything back together on the wiring. I changed the way my lights are wired, before the gauges were lit when the engine was running. I made a "harness" for all the bulbs to wire to my navigation lights. (Makes sense that lights are on when my navigation lights are.) I am almost done with all the electrical that I want to accomplish for this season, and I am ready to do some decal removal. I bought the 3M decal removal wheel and will be doing that this weekend. I am in the Nashville area, and Stones River Fiberglass is where I am taking the boat to get the gelcoat brought back to life. They did a great job on my parents maristar, and they really know their stuff.

I want to also get my platform back in shape while its off the boat. I started sanding it with 80, and will finish with 180 grit. Everyone always asks the question, how much do I sand? So, I am curious, I was planning on removing all the gray colored wood before starting the cleaning process. Is that a good idea, or does it just need to be smooth?

And here are the pictures:
                            Light harness for the gauges
                            Name:  a1f90ad4bcd699fe0dc00b855f019992.jpg
Size:  67.3 KB

Everything is back in place, I mounted this under the dash, right where the windshield is attached.
                            Name:  7fa4f4bb6731f6a946b47a98c3bbdbf4.jpg
Size:  125.7 KB

Much better!
                            Name:  41bb83c0964746971c236c5525c6f625.jpg
Size:  101.5 KB

Comment

Finally got the decals sorted out with Mike, he did a great job of matching the rear decal on mine. I have now turned my attention to the flake.... I'm a bit stumped here. I know that the flake is exposed on the back, and the sides are not much better. My options are limited at this point. From what I have read on AmericanskierJim's LTD thread, I think I need to put clearcoat on it. Portions of the flake are very silver, like the back. I am wondering if it is even salvageable. If I can put clearcoat on it, what should I do to prep it?

Name:  e043e70569bf8abbb03031a963e6307f.jpg
Size:  138.5 KB

But enough of the doom and gloom, check out this nice swim platform!

First Coat
                              Name:  74ff74bbe37a1a27262b28afb66d962e.jpg
Size:  56.1 KB

3rd Coat!
                              Name:  024142447a5d1180f6e1c014aa97ea79.jpg
Size:  61.0 KB

Comment

Working...
                              X