'79 SNS hull restoration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '79 SNS hull restoration

Many thanks to Dave & Dee at American Boat Restoration in Northhampton, MA (www.americanboatrestoration.com) for the fantastic job re-sealing the rubrail, prop strut & skegs not to mention bringing the gelcoat to a shine I never thought was possible. They also repaired my swim platform and applied new graphics.

Haven't had a chance to take pics of the finished product due to weather but here are a few before/during/after shots. Interior is next - does anyone know a good upholstery shop in the Stamford area?
    Attached Files

Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Love that flake!
    - Peter
    TANDEM AXLE PACKAGE - $950 DELIVERED WHEEL IMAGE
    5 14X5.5 T06 WHEELS W/5 ST215/75R14 KENDA LOADSTAR RADIALS SS CENTER CAPS, LUGS, MOUNTED, BALANCED & READY TO INSTALL

PM or email me for tire, wheel or package pricing.
    CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
    LED lights, Chrome & Powder Coated Lugs
    2 LED 6" BRAKE LIGHTS DELIVERED $25

tiresplease@gmail.com

Comment

Ain't nuttin beats the looks of the 77 to 86 S&S's. Best on the water! Nice job, keep going!

Comment

Not Stamford, but if youre willing to travel to MA, theres a guy up near Congomond Lakes that does great upholstery work. He's my go to guy for local stuff. Sent you a PM about the speedos.

Comment

LOOKIN' GREAT, lets see more pics when you done.
          1981 stars and stripes -powerslot
          sand with red metalflake stripe

Comment

Originally posted by sam196370 View Post
            Many thanks to Dave & Dee at American Boat Restoration in Northhampton, MA (www.americanboatrestoration.com) for the fantastic job re-sealing the rubrail, prop strut & skegs not to mention bringing the gelcoat to a shine I never thought was possible. They also repaired my swim platform and applied new graphics.

Haven't had a chance to take pics of the finished product due to weather but here are a few before/during/after shots. Interior is next - does anyone know a good upholstery shop in the Stamford area?
            Does that boat have the deluxe interior option? I have seen a few with that option and it's attractive in its own way. I ask from seeing the padded engine cover.

I had a new 79 like the one you're refurbishing (same color scheme). Yours is a good looking machine.

Take care of that windshield. It looks original from what appears to be a red Taylormade emblem. They don't make them anymore.

Check for a spacer plate under the carb.
            Attached Files
            93 190
            Don't be a boot licker

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

sigpic

..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
            NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Comment

It's a bench seat but I know it was an option, here's the best pic I have.

Spacer under carb? I know there is one....
              Attached Files

Comment

Unsure about interior in your area but if you got the restoration done in Northampton MA you should checkout kens auto upholstery in Pittsfield MA, kinda a drive but I'm paying 1700 for a compete interior with new foam and he's throwing in new carpet. Should have pictures soon. And my boat is a 91 so I'm imagining yours would be less. They restore jet aircraft at lyon aviation in Pittsfield MA so people trust them with their six figure jets.

Comment

It's a bench seat but I know it was an option, here's the best pic I have.

Spacer under carb? I know there is one....
                  nice upholstery...
                  sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

More pics to come but here is a better view of the shine; thank you American Boat Restoration - skins are en route from Copycat Upholstery (great people to work with) and it's starting to warm up in CT....
                    Attached Files

Comment

More pics to come but here is a better view of the shine; thank you American Boat Restoration - skins are en route from Copycat Upholstery (great people to work with) and it's starting to warm up in CT....
                      That looks fantastic. Interesting drop-shadow on the decal.
                      - Peter
                      TANDEM AXLE PACKAGE - $950 DELIVERED WHEEL IMAGE
                      5 14X5.5 T06 WHEELS W/5 ST215/75R14 KENDA LOADSTAR RADIALS SS CENTER CAPS, LUGS, MOUNTED, BALANCED & READY TO INSTALL

PM or email me for tire, wheel or package pricing.
                      CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
                      LED lights, Chrome & Powder Coated Lugs
                      2 LED 6" BRAKE LIGHTS DELIVERED $25

tiresplease@gmail.com

Comment

The PO did the shadow and I liked it so when I had the decals redone I asked that the shadow be replaced too; only $100 extra for shadow!

Comment

And thank you!

Comment

More pics

Have a fiberglass platform left over if anyone wants it, I'd say it's a 6/10, a couple small cracks but otherwise solid.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I thought the 79's had the textured fiberglass engine covers without upholstery?

Comment

Working...
                              X