Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draining Water on a 1990 ProStar 190

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Draining Water on a 1990 ProStar 190

    My brother-inlaw just entered the MasterCraft boating world a couple weeks ago. He picked up a 1990 with a 351 and had it shipped from AZ to his home in Spearfish,SD. Well he called and said the weather is getting bad over there and he wanted to drain his block. He said he could find the plug on the observer side but not on the driver side. Can you guys help me/him out with all the points to drain and where they are on this engine?
    Thanks,
    Eric

  • #2
    There is a drain on the back of each exhaust manifold and a peacock value on the sides. The Observer side is towards the back and the driver side is towards the front below the spark plug.

    Comment


    • #3
      On the driver's side, the drain plug is the knock sensor. Just remove it to drain.

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks guys

        Comment


        • #5
          Correct!


          Originally posted by JMann View Post
          There is a drain on the back of each exhaust manifold and a peacock value on the sides. The Observer side is towards the back and the driver side is towards the front below the spark plug.

          Comment


          • #6
            Not correct on a 1990

            Originally posted by Dynamite Spike View Post
            On the driver's side, the drain plug is the knock sensor. Just remove it to drain.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by roadster02 View Post
              Not correct on a 1990

              I stand corrected...assumed it would be the same as my '96

              Comment


              • #8
                Hello-
                First post! Thanks for your responses. I am the brother in law. Got the plugs out and raw water strainer drained in the snow! Gonna sleep good tonight!
                Thanks again!! Great forum!!! Sick of winter!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hey BH, I sent you a PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    welcome to the family post some photos of the new to you ride
                    Its easier to ask forgiveness than permission.........And he who dies with the most toys wins.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Had to do the same thing in October of last year. Probably won't get cold enough for long enough this time, but peace of mind is worth it. Sick of winter? Me too!

                      Originally posted by Black Hills MC View Post
                      Hello-
                      First post! Thanks for your responses. I am the brother in law. Got the plugs out and raw water strainer drained in the snow! Gonna sleep good tonight!
                      Thanks again!! Great forum!!! Sick of winter!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by roadster02 View Post
                        Had to do the same thing in October of last year. Probably won't get cold enough for long enough this time, but peace of mind is worth it. Sick of winter? Me too!
                        LoL, wish we had a winter to speak of...
                        I love to travel, but hate to arrive. ~~ A. Einstein
                        -----
                        You donít stop riding because youíre getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.
                        -----
                        Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a Ride! ~~ Hunter S. Thompson
                        -----
                        My wakeboard is calling, and I must go ride! ~~ Me

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Black Hills MC View Post
                          Hello-
                          First post! Thanks for your responses. I am the brother in law. Got the plugs out and raw water strainer drained in the snow! Gonna sleep good tonight!
                          Thanks again!! Great forum!!! Sick of winter!!
                          Hey BHMC - glad to see you joined. Now you need to put up some pics of your first MC!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Here are a few! Can't wait for warmer weather!! 8 months of winter😞
                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Here is another.
                              Attached Files

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X