Draining Water on a 1990 ProStar 190

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draining Water on a 1990 ProStar 190

My brother-inlaw just entered the MasterCraft boating world a couple weeks ago. He picked up a 1990 with a 351 and had it shipped from AZ to his home in Spearfish,SD. Well he called and said the weather is getting bad over there and he wanted to drain his block. He said he could find the plug on the observer side but not on the driver side. Can you guys help me/him out with all the points to drain and where they are on this engine?
    Thanks,
    Eric

There is a drain on the back of each exhaust manifold and a peacock value on the sides. The Observer side is towards the back and the driver side is towards the front below the spark plug.

Comment

On the driver's side, the drain plug is the knock sensor. Just remove it to drain.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Correct!

Originally posted by JMann View Post
          There is a drain on the back of each exhaust manifold and a peacock value on the sides. The Observer side is towards the back and the driver side is towards the front below the spark plug.

Comment

Not correct on a 1990

Originally posted by Dynamite Spike View Post
            On the driver's side, the drain plug is the knock sensor. Just remove it to drain.

Comment

Originally posted by roadster02 View Post
              Not correct on a 1990

I stand corrected...assumed it would be the same as my '96

Comment

Hello-
                First post! Thanks for your responses. I am the brother in law. Got the plugs out and raw water strainer drained in the snow! Gonna sleep good tonight!
                Thanks again!! Great forum!!! Sick of winter!!

Comment

Hey BH, I sent you a PM.

Comment

welcome to the family post some photos of the new to you ride
                    Its easier to ask forgiveness than permission.........And he who dies with the most toys wins.

Comment

Had to do the same thing in October of last year. Probably won't get cold enough for long enough this time, but peace of mind is worth it. Sick of winter? Me too!

Originally posted by Black Hills MC View Post
                      Hello-
                      First post! Thanks for your responses. I am the brother in law. Got the plugs out and raw water strainer drained in the snow! Gonna sleep good tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by roadster02 View Post
                        Had to do the same thing in October of last year. Probably won't get cold enough for long enough this time, but peace of mind is worth it. Sick of winter? Me too!
                        LoL, wish we had a winter to speak of...
                        I love to travel, but hate to arrive. ~~ A. Einstein
                        -----
                        You donít stop riding because youíre getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.
                        -----
                        Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a Ride! ~~ Hunter S. Thompson
                        -----
                        My wakeboard is calling, and I must go ride! ~~ Me

Comment

Originally posted by Black Hills MC View Post
                          Hello-
                          Hey BHMC - glad to see you joined. Now you need to put up some pics of your first MC!!

Comment

Here are a few! Can't wait for warmer weather!! 8 months of winter😞
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here is another.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X