Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle's Skylon Speaker Enclosure

Ok

I have had several emails on how did I build the box. I did not take pictures while building it. I did not know how it would turn out and was kinda throwing money at an idea. I did not know how it would turn out or if I would even use it.

I love the outcome of the idea.

I am attaching a PDF file of a few drawings on how I built it. I am no artist, so keep the bad art work to yourself.

If you come up with a better way for me to explain this then please let me know.

I will also attach pictures of the final product soon. The boat is in storage and I will have to go by there to get photos.
    Rollin' Gangsta Style

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
    If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....

Here are some pics that I already had taken.....I will get beter ones.
    Attached Files
    Rollin' Gangsta Style

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
    If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....

Comment

Here is a PDF file on instructions or how I built it.
      Attached Files
      Rollin' Gangsta Style

Comment

Unfortunately, the board racks are not available - unless someone knows a source.
        sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

That would be a ebay or CL find then. They are out there
          Rollin' Gangsta Style

Comment

Is this our next project on the Texas River Rat...?

What does the fox say?

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...

Comment

Holy crap thats a lot of work! Props to you!!!
              "if one day the speed kills me, do not cry because i was smiling." -Paul Walker

Comment

Awesome Kyle thanks!

Tapatalk
                1990 prostar 190, 351, powerslot 1.5:1, tinted windows

Comment

Originally posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
                  Is this our next project on the Texas River Rat...?

You will not want to afford this MC

The speakers alone were $550

Materials including the spray on liner, wire, wire looms, loom keepers, bondo, matting and resin, screen, sand paper, racks, mount, ETC

I am pushing close to $1,000+ to have two speakers up top. You know that they are clear and loud as HE// but I dont think you will start throwing that kind of cash at it. Dont forget that the amout of labor hours was probably in the 100+ range.

I dont want to make another one. Total PITA
                  Rollin' Gangsta Style

Comment

I read through the PDF file last night, I'm glad you made that instruction list. It's way more involved than I thought! But I'm gonna try it anyway. Is the PVC tubes there for exact airspace or just something to build off of?

Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                      You will not want to afford this MC

The speakers alone were $550

Materials including the spray on liner, wire, wire looms, loom keepers, bondo, matting and resin, screen, sand paper, racks, mount, ETC

I am pushing close to $1,000+ to have two speakers up top. You know that they are clear and loud as HE// but I dont think you will start throwing that kind of cash at it. Dont forget that the amout of labor hours was probably in the 100+ range.

I dont want to make another one. Total PITA
                      Probably not, your stereo sounds so good w/o the tower speakers, I'd slowly start upgrading mine to be like yours if I had more money to toss at it.

But if the GF wants to bring the kids out to the lake, i might invest in a skylon.

MC
                      What does the fox say?

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...

Comment

Originally posted by clrussell View Post
                        I read through the PDF file last night, I'm glad you made that instruction list. It's way more involved than I thought! But I'm gonna try it anyway. Is the PVC tubes there for exact airspace or just something to build off of?

Tapatalk
                        Let me know how your project goes, I'm thinking about going for it myself. I found a skylon rack on ebay last year and the speaker box would be a great addition.

Comment

When I do it ill try to make a thread or just post pictures in here, I'm pretty stoked about it. Hopefully it turns out 1/2 as good as kyles

Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by clrussell View Post
                            When I do it ill try to make a thread or just post pictures in here, I'm pretty stoked about it. Hopefully it turns out 1/2 as good as kyles

Tapatalk
                            Kyles looks pretty badarse... looks like something you'd have bought out of a stereo shop... I would not have believed it was home made had I not known him... It's really that nice.
                            What does the fox say?

Comment

Originally posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
                              Kyles looks pretty badarse... looks like something you'd have bought out of a stereo shop... I would not have believed it was home made had I not known him... It's really that nice.
                              It is super awesome, like you said it looks like something someone bought not built! I give him props for it

Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X