Looking for pics of ND tower folded down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for pics of ND tower folded down

I'm tower shopping and have pretty much decided that I want a New Dimensions tower for my '99 Maristar 210 but I have questions that I'm trying to iron out ahead of time. One question is: how hard is it to fold this tower and when folded what does it look like and measure? My boat sits in a covered lift all summer and stowing the tower to stow the boat will probably be a daily chore. Does anyone have pics or info to help me?

One other question: I also want to add a tower mounted bimini top and will most likely want speakers in the future. How does this complicate the tower folding?
    '99 Maristar 210 VRS with 330 LTR

Just look on NDT website. There is plenty of pics with them down.

I have a 95 maristar with NDT. I can take tower down in about 2-3 minutes. It folds forward.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    sigpic
    When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.
    1 Corinthians Chapter 13 - 11

Comment

Originally posted by alfie623 View Post
      I'm tower shopping and have pretty much decided that I want a New Dimensions tower for my '99 Maristar 210 but I have questions that I'm trying to iron out ahead of time. One question is: how hard is it to fold this tower and when folded what does it look like and measure? My boat sits in a covered lift all summer and stowing the tower to stow the boat will probably be a daily chore. Does anyone have pics or info to help me?

One other question: I also want to add a tower mounted bimini top and will most likely want speakers in the future. How does this complicate the tower folding?
      If your lift is where you dock during the day also check the width with board racks on. The swivel racks are easier if there are lift cables in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by alfie623 View Post

Here is a pic of my ND tower folded. I have the tower mounted Bimini and I wouldn't have anything else. It looks totally integrated with the tower and you can stand completely upright under it. I plan on adding some tower speakers in the next couple of weeks. The routing of the wires will simply follow the wire for the tower nav light inside the tube and exit right at the pivot point. There should already be a pre drilled hole in the machined tube end.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Spike View Post
          Here is a pic of my ND tower folded. I have the tower mounted Bimini and I wouldn't have anything else. It looks totally integrated with the tower and you can stand completely upright under it. I plan on adding some tower speakers in the next couple of weeks. The routing of the wires will simply follow the wire for the tower nav light inside the tube and exit right at the pivot point. There should already be a pre drilled hole in the machined tube end.
          Just an fyi, when I ran my wires ND only made small holes. We had to bore them out larger so I could fit the right proper gauge wires. Also use some corrugated insulation when routing around the tower legs/pivot point.

sigpic
          When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.
          1 Corinthians Chapter 13 - 11

Comment

Originally posted by Traxx822 View Post
            Just an fyi, when I ran my wires ND only made small holes. We had to bore them out larger so I could fit the right proper gauge wires. Also use some corrugated insulation when routing around the tower legs/pivot point.

Yep, that's what I do as well

Comment

2000 Maristar 210

I don't have photo of tower folded down. But here is NDT tower with bimini extended and folded. Plenty of room for speakers. This bimini is from Towerbiminis http://www.towerbiminis.com/ They provide wonderful customer service and can put bimini at the height you prefer and will adjust as needed if you desire speakers.

To fold tower just unscrew the two oversized screws marked in red and walk tower forward. I do this alone in about a minute. In the folded down position I place tower on two towels to keep it off gel coat.
              Attached Files

Comment

Up and down.. I fold my tower back, I put pads on the window frame to protect it.

Comment

I also drilled out the threaded holes and put bushing in them. That way I can use locking pins for faster up and down. No more unscrewing and screwing four knobs.

Comment

Originally posted by TayMC197 View Post
                    I also drilled out the threaded holes and put bushing in them. That way I can use locking pins for faster up and down. No more unscrewing and screwing four knobs.
                    Do you have any pics of that? That sounds like something I need to do. I have to unscrew all 4 knobs on mine when I put it in the garage and that is getting old.

Comment

I don't at the moment, boats in north Texas at the farm for winter storage.

Comment

Just look on McMaster Carr for locking pins and bushings.. Pretty straight forward. Drill out, press in bushings, and insert pin.

Comment

Originally posted by JRW160 View Post
                          Do you have any pics of that? That sounds like something I need to do. I have to unscrew all 4 knobs on mine when I put it in the garage and that is getting old.
                          Yes-pictures please, I just finished making a mess of on tower leg getting a seriously stuck knob out and need to helicoil or go a size bigger if that's possible.

Comment

I cross thread a knob on my 92 190 mini tower. Then now I have my 197 that I have to drop the tower to fit in my garage at my new house, I came up with the idea at work when they put locking pins on a big tool that constantly has to be folded up. Carr Lane is where I ordered my bushings.. I ordered them to size, then ordered 4 T handle locking pins from McMaster with lanyards..

Comment

I would think with locking pins the tower would rattle more??

Comment

Working...
                              X