ZFT3 Mini Tower on 197…question?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZFT3 Mini Tower on 197…question?

I currently have a 2007 X7 with the ZFT3 tower on it. My problem is I live on a chain of lakes with multiple bridges I would have to clear to access most of the lakes. When I have the tower collapsed on the boat it sits well above the windshield. The windshield clears the bridges by about 6 inches so the tower when collapsed can't be taller than that. I was thinking about taking off my current tower and replacing it with a mini tower. I've seen these mini tower on quite a few 197s so I know it would fit my boat with a couple new holes. However I've never seen one with the tower collapsed and can't get specs from any local dealers. Does anyone out there have a 197 with a ZFT3 mini tower??? It would be very helpful to see one with the tower collapsed and have specs before I commit to the switch. Thanks
    Attached Files

The mini tower will fold to the same height if not taller because of the back legs.
    "if one day the speed kills me, do not cry because i was smiling." -Paul Walker

Comment

Here is a pic of a 197 with the mini. So the back legs don't fold down at all--they are stationary? If they did fold back when collapsed it looks like it would be lower. Do you have a pic of one collapsed?
      Attached Files

Comment

Nick
        The mini tower folds the same way your current tower folds. I am not sure what he is trying to say there.......

Unless I'm wrong..... Thats never happend before! LOL

Comment

Ah you know what, im thinking of the new dimension mini tower. Not the mini tower from MC.

Knox may be right...... lol
          "if one day the speed kills me, do not cry because i was smiling." -Paul Walker

Comment

I have the Mini-Tower on my 214, and it folds like the full size tower but it a bit lower since the rear part of the tower has less height to the cross bar .... the highest point will be a bit lower than the full size tower ...

I cannot imagine folder the tower while underway to get under a bridge .... that would be kind of a pain for me, I don't like doing it everytime I put the boat away ... but I may be a bit lazy.
            Keep a tight line, and a smile on your face. Peace out.
            2008 Prostar 214 MCX
            Previous 93 Prostar 190 1.5:1 GT40

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."

Comment

Originally posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
              Ah you know what, im thinking of the new dimension mini tower. Not the mini tower from MC.

Knox may be right...... lol
              I have the New dimensions mini tower on my 197 and it folds down almost even to the window... Back legs have a second pivot to drop the legnth. Also the ND mini tower is the same that MC used in prior years. Only 3 differences, mine says Prostar on the mount plate and when MC offered as option, those towers say Mastercraft. Besides the biminis and tow point, they are identical.

Here is a pic of mine dropped backwards instead of forwards, its typically easier to setup in my opinion.
              Attached Files

Comment

It will def be a pain to constantly fold down but it's price I pay to live on a chain a lakes. One of the bridges is slated to be redone in a couple years but until then I'll have to deal with it. You don't happen to have any pics of the mini collapsed on the 214? Im hoping it's no more than 6 inches taller than the windshield or it would be cutting it close.

Comment

Originally posted by TayMC197 View Post
                  I have the New dimensions mini tower on my 197 and it folds down almost even to the window... Back legs have a second pivot to drop the legnth. Also the ND mini tower is the same that MC used in prior years. Only 3 differences, mine says Prostar on the mount plate and when MC offered as option, those towers say Mastercraft. Besides the biminis and tow point, they are identical.

Here is a pic of mine dropped backwards instead of forwards, its typically easier to setup in my opinion.
                  I've never thought of going back with the tower instead of forward. How do you do that? Aren't the tower legs wider than the interior of the boat?
                  -Cameron
                  2007 ProStar 197
                  1996 ProStar 190

Comment

PM sent

Comment

I fold my New Dimension Mini forward to get it in the garage for winter and it does go nearly to windshield height. Seems much lower than the picture of it folded back. Also the lower legs will come off easy when folded and make it even lower.
                      2003 Prostar 197 TT #56
                      2007 Chev Avalanche LTZ

Comment

Originally posted by Sodar View Post
                        I've never thought of going back with the tower instead of forward. How do you do that? Aren't the tower legs wider than the interior of the boat?

They rub the inside of the windsheild a little. I put some 3m clear vinyl over that area to protect it. No issues for for me

Comment

Working...
                        X