Pivit Hitch or Pivot Hitch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pivit Hitch or Pivot Hitch

Well, time to revisit an old discussion. While my boat has been away, I took the time to measure my garage once more. I've got 21 feet. With a Prostar 205 that comes in at 20' 5" without the platform, I started wondering about pivit hitch again. Has anyone with an early 90s PS205 retrofitted one of these on his boat? Could I squeeze it straight back into my 21' garage with the platform removed if I were to shell out the money for one of these things? What about the brake lines?

According to the specs on mastercraft.com, the current Prostars lose about 1' 9" with its tongue folded. I don't know that my trailer has that much tongue to lose.

Pivit Hitch
    Last edited by east tx skier; 04-26-2005, 02:53 PM.
    Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Seems to me that a small addition on the back of the garage would be a good fix.
    #1 supporter of wadka

Comment

I don't know that my wife would appreciate losing the half bath or hallway that currently abuts that portion of the garage.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Comment

oh, well now that puts a different perspective on things
        #1 supporter of wadka

Comment

Originally posted by east tx skier
          ...abuts...
          what is that?
          #1 supporter of wadka

Comment

Do any early 90s (92--95) PS 205 owners have the specs on length with trailer (minus platform)?

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

Comment

Originally posted by JEREMY79
              what is that?
              From my WordPerfect Dictionary

abut ->verb (abutted, abutting) (1) be next to or share a boundary with. (2) touch or lean on.
              -ORIGIN Old French abouter, from bouter 'strike, butt'.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

Comment

what is that?
                I believe he means to say that the bath and hallway are on the other side of the rear garage wall. Sort of like " pert near" in Kentucky speak.

Comment

Looks like Pivit Hitch has updated their design a bit since I looked last, and now it doesn't add much at all to the length. I'd have to trim about 16" off mine in order to get it all behind the gate. I'm not sure it's worth the hassle though. I may just install a planter outside the gate so the tongue is inside it & then no one will know any better.
                  -
                  Bill
                  -former '94 PS205 owner. Still ridin my Sky Ski.....

Comment

Just damn nigh on top of it
                    #1 supporter of wadka

Comment

Bill, any idea on what the length is on the trailer, but with the platform removed? My trailer tongue doesn't stick out too far beyond the tip of my bow.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

Comment

The opposite of yonder.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

Comment

That too

Comment

Originally posted by east tx skier
                            Bill, any idea on what the length is on the trailer, but with the platform removed? My trailer tongue doesn't stick out too far beyond the tip of my bow.
                            I don't recall the exact length.... something just short of 22', but I'll check it out tonite & let you know.
                            -
                            Bill
                            -former '94 PS205 owner. Still ridin my Sky Ski.....

Comment

My PS190 trailer is 21'6" and fits with about a half an inch to spare with the back of the boat against the rear wall.

We are looking for a new house and the garage is a huge veto item for me. Needs to be at least 22' for the third stall

Comment

Working...
                              X