Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

boat and trailer length

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • boat and trailer length

    I have a 1986 MC on a factory trailer. My garage is too short and I plan to bump it out so the boat fits and I don't have to store away from home in the winter. The boat is 2 hours away.

    Can someone with a 86 or S&S with factory trailer please measure from tip of the tongue to the end of the platform. I have a couple numbers written down from last year and want to make sure I bump out far enough. I think the correct number I have in 261 1/2 inches.

    Thanks...

  • #2
    I can fit my 85 on a mc trailer in my 24' long garage with 5-6" to spare. Your 86 should be the same or very close.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by liledgy View Post
      I can fit my 85 on a mc trailer in my 24' long garage with 5-6" to spare. Your 86 should be the same or very close.
      That would make your boat and trailer18'-6". Doesn't sound right.
      Some idiot built my garage 20'.(not me)

      Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • #4
        I figure 24' from tip to tail of the platform. I do not have an exact measurement from the 85 model. It's in storage.
        93 190
        .
        Don't be a boot licker
        .

        Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

        sigpic

        ..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

        RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
        NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

        feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

        .

        Comment


        • #5
          No. I have 5-6" inches to spare. So it's a little less tan 24' feet.

          Comment


          • #6
            don't wanna be that guy but;

            ' = feet
            " = inches

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by liledgy View Post
              No. I have 5-6" inches to spare. So it's a little less tan 24' feet.
              Sorry, read that as 5'-6".


              I made the trip last night. Boat is 19 feet. Platform extends 15 3/4 inches out from the rear vent. Tip of the tongue is 17 3/4 inches from the tip of the bow. Total 21'-9 1/2".

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by occva View Post
                Sorry, read that as 5'-6".


                I made the trip last night. Boat is 19 feet. Platform extends 15 3/4 inches out from the rear vent. Tip of the tongue is 17 3/4 inches from the tip of the bow. Total 21'-9 1/2".
                I just installed a set of Alloy Marine lift-off brackets so that I can remove my platform to make the garage fit roomier. (my garage is 24' deep).

                After I back the boat in, I put storage casters under each wheel (using a floor jack) and while the trailer is still hooked up, I then push the trailer against the wall, unhook trailer and done.

                You might try removing your platform/brackets and angling the trailer into the corner....it 'might' fit.
                Jack
                -----------------------------------------
                1989 ProStar 190 Power Slot
                Somewhere between SML and LKG

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by d2jp View Post
                  I just installed a set of Alloy Marine lift-off brackets so that I can remove my platform to make the garage fit roomier. (my garage is 24' deep).

                  After I back the boat in, I put storage casters under each wheel (using a floor jack) and while the trailer is still hooked up, I then push the trailer against the wall, unhook trailer and done.

                  You might try removing your platform/brackets and angling the trailer into the corner....it 'might' fit.
                  I already thought about this approach. However it is still too large, even if I upgraded to gps speedo and removed the pitot tubes. I am bumping the rear wall out 2'-6". This will give me room on the other side for tool boxes and I can still get the wifes car in.

                  I still might install the removeable brackets so i can walk around the tongue when the door is closed.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by occva View Post
                    I already thought about this approach. However it is still too large, even if I upgraded to gps speedo and removed the pitot tubes. I am bumping the rear wall out 2'-6". This will give me room on the other side for tool boxes and I can still get the wifes car in.

                    I still might install the removeable brackets so i can walk around the tongue when the door is closed.
                    The Alloy Marine brackets might require you to notch the teak swim platform to clear the transom lifting rings (mine did). I wanted the added room the lift off brackets provide, their design is pretty simple and a good solution for the compound curve of the transom.




                    My 'other side' has a big roll cab tool box and a '67 MGB I've had forever. My wife used to park her car in there, but I explained the MC was worth more long term!

                    I hope to hit the lake tomorrow - first time and really early for around these parts!
                    Jack
                    -----------------------------------------
                    1989 ProStar 190 Power Slot
                    Somewhere between SML and LKG

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It fits!!!

                      Extended the garage 28".

                      The boat is home for good. No more storing away for winter.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by occva; 05-28-2012, 07:50 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by occva View Post
                        It fits!!!

                        Extended the garage 28".

                        The boat is home for good. No more storing away for winter.m
                        Nice work!


                        Sent from Never Neverland using my iPhone 4 on Tapatalk
                        If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

                        1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
                        275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
                        Monster Tower & PerfectPass


                        Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!


                        "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          One of the cleaner looking 86 models I have seen. Keep it original.....

                          .
                          93 190
                          .
                          Don't be a boot licker
                          .

                          Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

                          sigpic

                          ..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

                          RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
                          NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

                          feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

                          .

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Garage and boat both look really good!
                            Jack
                            -----------------------------------------
                            1989 ProStar 190 Power Slot
                            Somewhere between SML and LKG

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              20' Garage !

                              Great looking garage extension Occva. I'm a little late to the thread but looking for some feedback if anyone is interested. I too am looking to fit a 19" Mastercraft in a 20' garage. I recently purchased a very clean 1986 Mastercraft. The purchase is a bit of an adventure. I live in Ontario, the boat is waiting for me in Florida. I'm planning a 4 day round trip in March which is why I'm trying to get my storage details finalized.

                              Some questions for those of you who have installed removable swim platform brackets.

                              1. Any surprises while installing the Marine Alloy brackets?

                              2. How was the fit and finish? Did you have to make any modifications to the brackets or platform?

                              3. Once installed, how solid was the platform? Does it rattle while the boat idles?

                              4. Any disappointments with the product? Any tips for the install?

                              Any tips regarding swim platform, long distance transport, and importing boats to Canada are most welcome.

                              All the best,

                              PineLakeRumble
                              Attached Files

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X