Prop?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop?

My friend just purchased an 07 Saltwater X-Star with the MXC engine. He also purchased the Fly high fat sac system. The boat has a hard time getting up on a plane and I have read that a diffrent prop would help the boat get up on a plane easier. Any other info on a way to get the boat up would help as well.

Thanks

Brac

I would have your friend call Eric @ OJ props.. 1-800-359-9730

Comment

For sure, the OJ Edge 14.25" x 14".

Comment

Now how much do you guys think this would help?

Comment

It will make a HUGE difference, especially if the standard 13x17 is currently on there. It will feel like a new boat.

Comment

Skeeler hit it, 14.25 X 14 LC Splined XMP EDGE 4-blade.
            Eric Johnson
            Johnson Propeller Co., Inc
            OJ PROPS 800-359-9730

Comment

Ask your dealer if he will exchange it for you if you just purchased
              06 AWSA Approved Towboat

Comment

Thanks alot guys I will do that! I'll get picture of the boat up later its a really cool color combo. But thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by skeeler
                  For sure, the OJ Edge 14.25" x 14".
                  Chech your boat as most 07 now come with this prop mentioned above. Mine came standard with it. I called Eric at OJ and he said almost all 07 have it on the boat already.

Comment

The prop is rather large and has 3 blades. I think its the standard prop...

Comment

Originally posted by bizzzrak
                      Yes it is the old one the one everyone is talking about is the 4 blade version OJ Edge.

Comment

Right, so I should contact OJ about getting the one everyone is telling me. And around how much would the damage be?

Comment

Here is the web site. Talk to Eric at OJ and this is also the prop you want. http://www.ojprops.com/site/xmpedge.htm

Don't know cost.

Comment

Me too...

Eric - .110 cup (part #472)?

My '05 is having some trouble getting out of the hole when the boat is loaded down and I have been putting a new prop off. What top end will I be looking at with this prop?
                            2005 X-Star, blue & white, LQ9 385HP

Comment

Originally posted by bizzzrak
                              The info for your existing prop is stamped on the hub and/or on the hub face behind the prop nut.
                              Last edited by TMCNo1; 07-31-2007, 08:00 PM.
                              Charter Member Number 1

Quote: 2RLAKE,
                              At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Comment

Working...
                              X