Correct Prop for a Ski Nautique

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct Prop for a Ski Nautique

Okay I know it's a mastercraft forum but I own a mastercraft so who cares. Lol

Got the ski nautique with a 351 and 1:1 tranny. Need a better prop. Acme suggest the 540 3 blade and OJ suggested the following 2 props leaning towards the 4 blade. XMP 13x11 3 blade and XMP 13x13 4 blade.

I know people on here have had these boats or used these props. I need feed back. Pulling a skier up that weighs 205 is a but tough at the moment.

It's a 93 ski nautique btw. Name:  9da2484cd18a57df697c8fd419b53df4.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  74.1 KB
    Will admit it skis very nicely! Name:  d6ea6197508bef77cbec48244e9fe417.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  47.4 KB

Comment

I'd ski behind it.....
      - Jeff

1994 205, LT1

Comment

Nice looking machine....

93 190
        Don't be a boot licker

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

sigpic

..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
        NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Comment

Nice boat. I'd ski behind it too, and wouldn't be surprised if it skied better than my 197.

I've had a Stingray with a 4 cylinder that had trouble pulling up a 205 lb. skier, but I never thought someone with an inboard ski boat have would have such a problem.

Sorry, I have nothing useful to add to this thread.
          / \

Former boats:
          2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
          1990 Prostar 190

Comment

Originally posted by Cloaked View Post
            Nice looking machine....

Thanks, there's a thread about this boat when it was in the purchasing phase. It was a deal for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by TayMC197 View Post
              I know people on here have had these boats or used these props. I need feed back. Pulling a skier up that weighs 205 is a but tough at the moment.
              I weigh around 240 at the moment (sympathy weight for a pregnant wife ) and have the stock 13x13 4-blade and Predator engine, and it gets me up just fine if the driver knows how to work the throttle right.

Comment

I can't answer your question, but I do like the boat.

Try posting on Correct craft fan. I'm sure you'll get and answer quick.http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum...ral-discussion

Comment

It's interesting that Acme recommends a three blade prop with 12" pitch, and OJ goes with 13".

I think a classic boat like that needs a classic prop to push it. A 13x13 three blade prop would be ideal, and I have one for sale. Perfect!
                  Last edited by Miss Rita; 06-14-2013, 05:51 PM.

Comment

It's right hand rotation, don't forget that part.

Comment

It's right hand rotation, don't forget that part.
                      Details, details. Just shift it into reverse to go forward. LOL!

It's interesting that MC uses a 351 with velvet drive w LH rotation, CC uses the same powertrainand the prop turns the other direction. Slightly different tranny? Does the engine spin the other direction?

Comment

Acme 541 is the go to prop on this boat. Look at easties' prop comparison right up.
                        sigpic Ayyyy!

1994 RED Mastercraft 205, Chevy 5.7 TBI. FOR SALE

Comment

Write not right. Dang buttons to small.
                          sigpic Ayyyy!

1994 RED Mastercraft 205, Chevy 5.7 TBI. FOR SALE

Comment

Originally posted by etduc View Post
                            Write not right. Dang buttons to small.
                            Where is his write up? So why is the 541 preferred over 540?

Comment

Acme 422 most likely. There's also a 3 blade that people like, but the 422 is a gem. Use the PN discount for 25% off on that prop through Delta Props. Congrats on the boat. Those old euro backs track and ski well.
                              Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Comment

Working...
                              X