Review of skins from Mastercraftskins.com

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review of skins from Mastercraftskins.com

New skins just arrived from The uphosteryWorkshop (aka www.mastercraftskins.com) out of Weatherford, TX.

The boat....1987 ps190. The skins....driver seat, rear bench, and observers bottom cushion. It is the grey base with the navy and aqua trim. The navy and aqua appear as an exact match. The grey is not available anymore. The substitute vinyl color is nearly identical, but the texture in the fabric is subtly different. They did advise me of this before making the skins and sent pictures of the two fabrics side by side to see if it met close enough. Cost $480 shipped. About 8 weeks from the time I shipped them out until I got them back.

The quality seems outstanding. My wife does some curtain and lighter upholstery. She inspected them and admitted that the craftsmanship looks impressive. They certainly appear to be as high quality as OEM that I removed.

I'll get to fitting them as soon as I get a stapler that can handle it. Pics when the snow/freezing rain stops.
    I won't call myself a hero...I'll let history decide.

Great ,Can't wait to see them, I need to order skins for my 04 190tt please send photos asap or let me know more when u start working with them.

Comment

Nice, great to have a supplier

Comment

yep, would really like to see the pictures, including your installation process. My '04 X2 rear deck is showing some wear around the seams and wasn't sure how to go about replacing them on something that old (my MC dealer said '04 skins no longer available OEM)...

Comment

Definitely hit us with some pictures when you get them installed! Good luck!
          Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Comment

Awesome! Many including myself need upholstry repair. I will consider placing an order since you are impressed with their quality and craftsmanship..

Would like to see some pics as well!!

Comment

I'll have only the rear bench cushion pic tomorrow, the other pics won't be until next week.....waiting for a stapler to arrive

I figured, pics of them just loosely sitting on the floor won't help much, but i promise to deliver the pics as i get them done....in between work and boat shopping
              Last edited by SWeaver; 01-18-2011, 08:38 PM.

Comment

rear cushion pics

a few pics of the rear bench cushion. Once i get the stapler delivered, I'll post more pics as they are finished. The stitching looks stressed in the up-close pic, but it isn't, it fit perfectly.
                Attached Files

Comment

Those look good!
                  "These go to eleven."

Comment

wow, good to know. thanks for posting up. hope they stick around. i'll be needing some new skins one of these days.
                    íViva 205v!

2003 X-2 MCX

Comment

Well, I finally got some time to finish the seat skin installation from mastercraftskins.com....
                      The rear bench looks factory new! the observer seat is also fantastic, as are the 2 cushions in the drivers seat. The actual driver seat has a couple ripples by the shoulders. Not sure if that is installer error, or if the sizing of the skin was slightly off, but that was as good as I could get it.
                      Attached Files

Comment

The guys at mastercraftskins were great to work with and the prices were great. A local boat shop wanted about $2000....this cost me $500. Maybe it didn't come out as good as they would have done, but I am very happy with it.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Looks great, those wrinkles will go away when they heat up in the sun and get used a bit.

Comment

Very nice indeed. Good job!

Comment

I stopped by their shop while they were doing you skins. They look great
                              Rollin' Gangsta Style

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
                              If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....

Comment

Working...
                              X