2006 Pro Star 197 "Swimming" tracking issues at higher speeds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Pro Star 197 "Swimming" tracking issues at higher speeds

On my 2006 197; MCX w/ 1:1 and ACME prop, at higher speeds and flat water, it slowly starts to drift/swim/float a little to the right and left when pulling a footer. This problem is intermittent--not sure if it has something to do with the slow current and angle of attack, or a possible bent rudder? Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution? Thank you

Is your rudder "loaded" (ground on one edge) at all? I can recall a similar feeling from some of my 197's on nice flat water until I loaded the rudder to place a slight constant tension on the wheel.

Comment

Check your tracking fins. Maybe one of them is bent.
      Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by jkski View Post
        Is your rudder "loaded" (ground on one edge) at all? I can recall a similar feeling from some of my 197's on nice flat water until I loaded the rudder to place a slight constant tension on the wheel.
        Exactly. If the rudder is "neutral", it does tend to fishtail a bit.
        -Cameron
        2007 ProStar 197
        1996 ProStar 190

Comment

Working...
        X