2000 205v upholstery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 205v upholstery

I am one of the unfortunates who purchased a mastercraft with the really awful upholstery. Mastercraft felt guilty enough to send me new skins but these also did not last as expected. I am now faced with recovering the entire boat and would like to do it once and do it right. if possible I would like the new mastercraft fabric. Does anyone know if mastercraft is making this available to their legacy customers and/or if it ( or similar ) is available aftermarket? Also, i gather mastercraft n longer makes these skins. Does anyone know if they are making the drawings available?

Thanks for any and all guidance.

I don't know if the new materials were first used but you could try skins from a late model X1.. Same layout as a 205v

Comment

The new x1 layout should be the same except for the sundeck. I think 2000 was the last year of the one piece sundeck. When I inquired about new skins, my dealer said they needed a hull id number to order them. I guess you need to find a boat with the interior you want and them get the hull id number off of it. You will probably have to get a custom shop to make the sundeck cover to match.

Comment

Sundeck is indeed one piece. i don't mind organizing some custom work. i am actually afraid to go with x1 skins because the vinyl was so poor. i do not know if it improved for the x1. does anyone know if the x1 used a higher grade vinyl?

Comment

Not to gank this thread but isn't it 7 years for skins? anyone know if the last year model 209;s layout matches the 02?

Comment

When I talked to my dealer last summer, they were unsure if they could still get 2006 skins, but were confident they could order 2007 skins.

Comment

Originally posted by sheckski View Post
              Sundeck is indeed one piece. i don't mind organizing some custom work. i am actually afraid to go with x1 skins because the vinyl was so poor. i do not know if it improved for the x1. does anyone know if the x1 used a higher grade vinyl?
              The newer vinyl is a lot better. I would not hesitate to order the new stuff if price was no issue. I can't afford to replace everything, so I am just getting a local shop to match the old stuff aa needed.

Comment

Originally posted by JRW160 View Post
                The newer vinyl is a lot better. I would not hesitate to order the new stuff if price was no issue. I can't afford to replace everything, so I am just getting a local shop to match the old stuff aa needed.
                So.... Where could a person find this new type of vinyl by the yard or even if it is available to the public? I had heard that it was patented by Mastercraft but I cannot remember where I saw that.

Comment

I saw a thread on here where a guy was redoing his own in the newer carbon fiber looking stuff. I'll have to try to find that thread when I have some time tonight

Comment

Here's the thread and the link where the guy said he ordered the vinyl.
                    http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...n+vinyl&page=3
                    http://www.yourautotrim.com/grandcayman.html
                    http://www.yourautotrim.com/naskcfivi.html

Comment

viper uses all the new carbon fiber material on my boat id call him 865-388-4096

Comment

NEW SKINS ...
                        Jim - "Upholstery Guy"
                        (865) 995 0607 Hm (BSURE 2 LVMSGE)
                        (865) 679 2246 Cph (ANYTM UPTO 9PM EST)
                        friant9@aol.com

sigpic
                        I've got badass '93 MC BF 200 w/ a Yahamie ProV 200.
                        M O S T A W E S O M E C R A F T E V E R B U I L T
                        'Luv'n life behind a Barefoot 200'
                        atlfootr

Comment

Tried reaching Jim but no return call. I pulled off everything and sending it to viper. I think this will work better as cushions will be professionally recovered instead of just shipping skins. Also converting single hatch to three way and pilot seat to bolster.

Comment

nice cant wait to see it

Comment

I should add that Viper is going to use the new MC carbon fiber style vinyl.

Comment

Working...
                              X