1993 PS 190 New Interior - by Viper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 PS 190 New Interior - by Viper

I thought I'd give a shout out for Jim at Viper Customs. I shipped the boat down to get a new intrerior with creative direction summarized as:

Objective: replace all carpet and vinyl with a more modern design
    Design: Use the 2001-04 PS 190 design as a style guide
    Colors: lighter grey than current, trim in medium grey with silver and black carbon fiber on the engine cover and accents. No TEAL.

First time I wrote a creative brief for something I spent MY money on. I'm happy with the work and the price. Carl did the vinyl worked and at MC for eons before going to Viper.

The were a few misses in some details I asked for driven by communication gaps from employee turnover, and Jim is running a hoppin' business down there. But, I'm pleased they were able to turn the project around in two weeks in the middle of summer.

For the day I go to sell, I'm curious to see what you all think of the final work.

Before Pics, yes that's black duct tape on the engine cover.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ryan; 09-21-2012, 12:31 AM.

After - the engine cover design worked out differently than a '01. It's a unique morph of a '01 and a '98. Not exactly what I had in mind, but I think it worls well to blend the eras and definitely meets my objective to modernize the design.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ryan; 07-15-2012, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I ordered this Grant steering wheel, but it arrived after we left for a ski/camping trip. I'll get a pic of the dash once I get it installed. It requires converting from a 5 bolt to 6 bolt.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Ryan; 07-16-2012, 04:00 PM.

Comment

The thing I might be enjoying the most is how nice the carpet is on the feet vs the smashed flat original.

Comment

Dude that is SAWEET!!!!

Comment

your boat looks awesome jim and carl at viper do great work

Comment

The back of the driver's seat has black and sliver carbon texture to match the engine cover.
                Attached Files

Comment

that looks great!
                  -Mike

Comment

looks great. do you happen to know if he offers the new vinyl that mc is using?

Comment

Originally posted by ttu View Post
                      looks great. do you happen to know if he offers the new vinyl that mc is using?
                      I believe so, if you're talking about the hammered other newer texture. I'm not sure about the new stretchy/neoprene looking stuff, though. Give Jim a call.

Comment

He does offer all of the new materials

Comment

Looks great, Ryan!
                          Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Comment

Thats Purdy!!!! Nice work!
                            If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.
                            1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
                            275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
                            Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams

Comment

Just emailed them about having sme custom work done for me. I want to do a custom ski locker hatch. Thanks for the info!!!!
                              2 at 32' off 34 mph PB July 2006

Comment

Working...
                              X