Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boat weights?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Boat weights?

    Why are the boat weights not given under the "Specifications" section for the different model boats on www.mastercraft.com.
    Here is a example, http://www.mastercraft.com/index.php...&boat=xstar.08

    Can I suggest that the respective boat weights be added for those wanting to know.
    Charter Member Number 1

    Quote: 2RLAKE,
    At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.





  • #2
    Seems like a reasonable request...........
    '97 Prostar 190 - LT-1

    Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.

    Comment


    • #3
      Maybe they're too shy..............
      If you don't fall, you're not trying hard enough.

      Comment


      • #4
        I use blue book value type websites for that information.

        For example.
        Boats and Personal Watercraft
        2008 MASTERCRAFT BOAT CO
        X SERIES
        XSTAR
        VDR


        Length: 22'
        Model Name/Description: XSTAR
        Boat Type: VDR
        Hull Material: Fiberglass
        Beam: 8' 3"
        Engine: 1
        310 HP
        Gasoline
        Net Weight: 4250

        http://www.nadaguides.com/default.as...R&d=1600251847

        Comment


        • #5
          Was talking to my dealer about that today as their brochure didn't list weights either. Someone suggested that the boat companies don't want you to realize that you'll need a new tow vehicle.
          Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

          Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

          FAQ


          Tyler Ski Club


          To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by east tx skier
            Was talking to my dealer about that today as their brochure didn't list weights either. Someone suggested that the boat companies don't want you to realize that you'll need a new tow vehicle.
            Makes perfectly good sense!
            Charter Member Number 1

            Quote: 2RLAKE,
            At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.




            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by east tx skier
              Someone suggested that the boat companies don't want you to realize that you'll need a new tow vehicle.
              That's probably the case, especially with the new huge hulls out there

              Comment


              • #8
                Actually just noticed its on the first page when you select X-Star. Its listed as 4250lbs. Its on all that I checked.
                ______________________________

                You look like I need a beer!

                2001 Prostar 195 Sold

                2007 X45 LY6

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Hammer
                  Actually just noticed its on the first page when you select X-Star. Its listed as 4250lbs. Its on all that I checked.

                  I see that now, I guess I'm just spoiled by 1 Stop Shopping, thinking all the specs. would be in one place, rather than spread all over hell and 1/2 of Georgia!
                  Thanks Hammer for the heads up!
                  Charter Member Number 1

                  Quote: 2RLAKE,
                  At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.




                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I was just going through the build a boat thing dreaming again and noticed it.
                    ______________________________

                    You look like I need a beer!

                    2001 Prostar 195 Sold

                    2007 X45 LY6

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TMCNo1
                      I see that now, I guess I'm just spoiled by 1 Stop Shopping, thinking all the specs. would be in one place, rather than spread all over hell and 1/2 of Georgia!
                      Thanks Hammer for the heads up!

                      Harold...you breaking down and buying a NEW boat


                      Here is 190 SPECS

                      http://www.mastercraft.com/index.php...&boat=ps190.08
                      James (Jim) Kranendonk Pres-BAWS
                      Tampa Bay's Exclusive MasterCraft Dealer

                      www.BAYAREAWATERSPORTS.com
                      (813) 996-BAWS (2297)

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X