Cleaning Up Market

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning Up Market

It would be very helpful as well as make the "Market" tab current and meaningful if all items listed in Market were automatically deleted after 90 days.

The poster would be responsible to repost if the item was still for sale. This would eliminate the old listings, and clean-up the Market section which is cluttered with tons of out of date listings.

Thanks

I agree, can't really see a need for old stuff to hang around.

Comment

Good suggestion.....
      - Jeff

1994 205, LT1

Comment

How about we, as forum members, be responsible and clean up after ourselves. Just sayin'
        - Peter
        TANDEM AXLE PACKAGE - $950 DELIVERED WHEEL IMAGE
        5 14X5.5 T06 WHEELS W/5 ST215/75R14 KENDA LOADSTAR RADIALS SS CENTER CAPS, LUGS, MOUNTED, BALANCED & READY TO INSTALL

PM or email me for tire, wheel or package pricing.
        CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
        LED lights, Chrome & Powder Coated Lugs
        2 LED 6" BRAKE LIGHTS DELIVERED $25

tiresplease@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
          How about we, as forum members, be responsible and clean up after ourselves. Just sayin'
          Ha!! Nice!

I can go in and delete all the postings older than the last 3 months, however it needs to be done one by one. Not an easy process.

In my opinion, the Marketplace is pretty useless at the point. All the recent and active stuff is in the Classified section of the forums.
          -Cameron
          2007 ProStar 197
          1996 ProStar 190

Comment

Can't someone add a line of code that does it automatically? I'm no computer guy, but seems simple. Honestly I really don't care, since I never look there anyway.

Comment

Ahhhhhhh! Make the emails notifying me of the deletion of ads I placed 5 years ago stop!!! I've received probably 12 emails in the last 4 minutes.

I marked every one of these items sold. I didn't see the delete button.

Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorguy View Post
                Can't someone add a line of code that does it automatically? I'm no computer guy, but seems simple. Honestly I really don't care, since I never look there anyway.
                Good idea......the ad will automatically expire after 3 months.....can be re-listed if needed?

Comment

Originally posted by east tx skier View Post
                  Ahhhhhhh! Make the emails notifying me of the deletion of ads I placed 5 years ago stop!!! I've received probably 12 emails in the last 4 minutes.

I marked every one of these items sold. I didn't see the delete button.

Tell it to the judge.
                  - Peter
                  TANDEM AXLE PACKAGE - $950 DELIVERED WHEEL IMAGE
                  5 14X5.5 T06 WHEELS W/5 ST215/75R14 KENDA LOADSTAR RADIALS SS CENTER CAPS, LUGS, MOUNTED, BALANCED & READY TO INSTALL

PM or email me for tire, wheel or package pricing.
                  CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
                  LED lights, Chrome & Powder Coated Lugs
                  2 LED 6" BRAKE LIGHTS DELIVERED $25

tiresplease@gmail.com

Comment

Sorry Gentlemen (and Ladies in Peter's case)!

I went through and deleted all the ads that were older than 2012. If your stuff is still for sale, relist it!

I will be more proactive about cleaning it out in the future.
                    -Cameron
                    2007 ProStar 197
                    1996 ProStar 190

Comment

I had no idea my items were even still listed....totally forgot! Thanks for cleaning that stuff up!
                      - Jeff

1994 205, LT1

Comment

just received notification about an add as well ???

Comment

Hey, Sodar, is there a way to make the "sold it" button delete the ad? Otherwise, will just delete it from now on if there's a button for that. Save you the trouble.
                          Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Comment

I'll look into it. Those buttons are insanely small!
                            -Cameron
                            2007 ProStar 197
                            1996 ProStar 190

Comment

You deleted my two week old ad!

No worries, I will re-list it. Not sure it is going to sell anyways.
                              2005 ProStar 197TT, #28 of 100

Broken Bow, OK vacation cabin for rent -
                              www.sipnskicabin.com

Comment

Working...
                              X