Usernames And The Reasons Why

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usernames And The Reasons Why

I been on here for almost two years now, and sometimes I look at some of these usernames on this board and wonder to myself how everybody comes up with them. So nows the time to start explaning as to why and how you came up with your handle. Some are easy to figure out, and some are not. Mine is a nickname that i've had for years. I got it when I started tournament skiing about 30 years ago.
    http://weathersticker.wunderground.c.../Brunswick.gif

Simple. First name, last initial.

Funny thing about usernames is some I can remember after reading once and remember their posts. Others I can read posts from 50 times and it just doesn't sync in my mind on who they are or what else they've posted. Anyone else notice this?
    '97 Prostar 190 - LT-1

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.

Comment

If you need help with mine (YOU NEED HELP).

Myself I'll live on the edge and surf without a helmet.

Comment

Originally posted by TX.X-30 fan
        If you need help with mine (YOU NEED HELP).
        Yea, yours is one of those that pretty obvious, huh.
        http://weathersticker.wunderground.c.../Brunswick.gif

Comment

I was in High School when the movie 16 Candles came out, I guess back then I looked like Michael Anthony Hall so my nickname became Farmer Ted.

It really stuck when I joined the Air Force and moved to Japan, once somebody found out I was from Iowa, the first question out of their mouth was "are you a farmer" so the appropriate response was, "yeah, I'm Farmer Ted"

Comment

Well I race go-karts for years, and my dog always went with me, has name was REX and no one could remember my name, so it started off with.......... "that guy with REX the dog"….
            and turned into Rexdog
            I rather be waterboarding

Comment

In the early-to-mid 90s I was working on the construction and startup of a greenfield papermill in Arizona. Between Engineers, CM, and subcontractors we had several John's and this got confusing on the radios. We had a biker/engineer that everyone new as JohnnyRay, a pipe fitter forman JohnnyBro, a mechanical contractor manager JohnnyFievel, Electrical forman John Carlo. So when I showed up as a young wet-behind-the-ears engineer with a difficult to pronounce last name, my instant radio nickname was JohnnyB (John Boettcher is my real name). I have been involved with several other engineer and construct projects since then in South Carolina, Quebec, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Texas, Arkansas...others I'm forgetting....and the name stuck with me wherever I went. I am now in management in our Wisconsin operations and still cross paths with many old friends from my traveling days....and am still refferred to quite often as JohnnyB
              Everyone Dies, but not everyone lives

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyB
                In the early-to-mid 90s I was working on the construction and startup of a greenfield papermill in Arizona. Between Engineers, CM, and subcontractors we had several John's and this got confusing on the radios. We had a biker/engineer that everyone new as JohnnyRay, a pipe fitter forman JohnnyBro, a mechanical contractor manager JohnnyFievel, Electrical forman John Carlo. So when I showed up as a young wet-behind-the-ears engineer with a difficult to pronounce last name, my instant radio nickname was JohnnyB (John Boettcher is my real name). I have been involved with several other engineer and construct projects since then in South Carolina, Quebec, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Texas, Arkansas...others I'm forgetting....and the name stuck with me wherever I went. I am now in management in our Wisconsin operations and still cross paths with many old friends from my traveling days....and am still refferred to quite often as JohnnyB
                Wich plan in Québec? I live a couples of miles from Domtar's Windsor mill.Krueger and Cascades are also very close by...

When i first join the board ,about 5 years ago,most peoples logged in under their real name and so did i.
                I'm Willy Wally on the Malibu board...
                Keep skiing!!!

Comment

It's where I currently live and what I like to do.
                  Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Comment

Mine is derived from my last name, Jetté.

Since secondary school, my friends have called me Jet, so there you go.

André, I work at Domtar but in Montreal and I go out to the mill a few times a year.

Have a nice day !

2007 X-15 Switch, MCX, Plate, Red with Gunmetal flake

Comment

Originally posted by skidog
                      I been on here for almost two years now, and sometimes I look at some of these usernames on this board and wonder to myself how everybody comes up with them. So nows the time to start explaning as to why and how you came up with your handle. Some are easy to figure out, and some are not. Mine is a nickname that i've had for years. I got it when I started tournament skiing about 30 years ago.

Steve just seemed too gey.....
                      sigpic

Comment

Jim "AT" Bay Area WaterSports thus Jim@BAWS

To bad everyone thinks my last name is BAWS

Now if you really want SKIDOG's real name...you will need to email me on that on

Jim@BAWS
                        James (Jim) Kranendonk Pres-BAWS
                        Tampa Bay's Exclusive MasterCraft Dealer

www.BAYAREAWATERSPORTS.com
                        (813) 996-BAWS (2297)

Comment

Originally posted by Jet
                          Mine is derived from my last name, Jetté.

Since secondary school, my friends have called me Jet, so there you go.

André, I work at Domtar but in Montreal and I go out to the mill a few times a year.

Have a nice day !
                          Hi Jet!
                          If you're coming over to the mill next summer,bring your stuff,I'll pull you!
                          Going to the boat show next week?

Edit.Just saw that you finally bought the Maristar 215.Congrats!
                          Which dealer,Desjardins or Michel?
                          Last edited by André; 01-27-2007, 12:14 PM.
                          Keep skiing!!!

Comment

PendO - abbreviation for the body of water I ski on in N. Idaho
                            Last edited by PendO; 01-27-2007, 12:21 PM.
                            At least you know one person who collected from the Cash Rewards program

Comment

You changed yours. Wasn't it originally Pendo_ _ _ _ Skier?
                              Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Comment

Working...
                              X