Garages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garages

I'd love to see some unique garages/places people store their MasterCraft.

The hardest thing about owning my boat isn't the gas money, it's getting it in and out. My boat should have come with a shoe horn. There is a lot of manuvering back and forth over and over. I had to put on a lift kit (convex springs) and it still scrapes a little.

Some envy those with nice docks. I can't wait to move. I just wish I had a normal driveway!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ryan; 08-29-2005, 08:47 PM.

a few more minutes go by
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ryan; 08-29-2005, 08:49 PM.

Comment

just a little longer
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Ryan; 08-29-2005, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Saturday was easy. There are usually more cars back here. "Roll it in and out", you might think. But a 1' rise over 6' is a steep grade and would send this boat slaming through my alley neighbors garage door. I'm nearly touching it with my bumper in the above shot.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Ryan; 10-31-2005, 02:39 PM.

Comment

means to say...........

I have no garage

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine

Comment

I think I would try and put that baby away by hand. I see their is a bit of an incline their but if your wife or a friend were there to help you, you could probably manage it without doing a 74 point turn.
            Brian

Current: 2000 ProStar 205

Former: 1987 ProStar 190

sigpic

Comment

Definate pain in the ***! Have you ever thought of installing a ball on the front of your truck?? It would make manuvering much easier. On a side note, my garage is up on a hill. When I pull the Corvette in the garage, there is less than a 3/8" between the rocker panel and the drive way when the car is half the way in.

Comment

Mag,

If you don't already have one you need the t-shirt that says: "He who dies with the most toys wins."
                Brian

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mag_Red
                  Definate pain in the ***! Have you ever thought of installing a ball on the front of your truck?? It would make manuvering much easier.....
                  I'll second that one. Putting it on the front, you may be able to put it in with 1/2 the turns once you're used to it.
                  If one day you're asked:
                  " How did you spend your time here on Earth?"
                  Will you say:
                  "I kept a crabgrass free lawn"
                  It's time to SKI.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmer2880
                    I'll second that one. Putting it on the front, you may be able to put it in with 1/2 the turns once you're used to it.
                    I had a simular problem once.
                    I used a $100 Garden Tractor that I picked up at a yard sale. It made it much easier.
                    Wish I still had that problem, don't have a garage now.
                    STARS AND STRIPES FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by Powerslot82
                      I had a simular problem once.
                      I used a $100 Garden Tractor that I picked up at a yard sale. It made it much easier.
                      Wish I still had that problem, don't have a garage now.
                      A small tractor or a 4 wheeler would help, anything smaller.
                      Swaha Lodge Lake Greeson Akansas..... www.swahacabins.com
                      Merry Memories......... http://themerryfamily.site.shutterfly.com/

Comment

I have a Honda Rancher 4 -wheeler and I'm not sure it would be a big help. All of that weight in the back will lift the front wheels and make it tougher to steer.
                        Brian

sigpic

Comment

Like powerslot82 says, get a cheap garden tractor and back it right in.

Just imagine if your SUV was only 5 feet long!
                          I was njskier on here.

Comment

No way a garden tractor would get my boat up my driveway (but I feel fortunate looking at Ryan's pictures.

Best thing I ever did was follow NSXBill's example and mark the parked boat's position in my garage with tape, with straight lines coming forward from that point. I can now put it 97% in with no spotter, then roll it back to the point just before it hits the wall.

/boat has to go in at an angle. Cars sleep in the driveway.
                            Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Comment

I wish that you could find a storage unit that has tall doors, so I don't have to put the tower down everytime. Next time I build a house I am adding a 12 ft door. That should solve my problem.
                              www.houstonmastercraft.com

Comment

Working...
                              X