Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wakeboarding head injury Update Video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wakeboarding head injury Update Video

    For some of those who followed my niece's wakeboarding head injury last summer, here is an awesome video of her mom and how she dealt with it. As of the end of December, the doctor did OK her a "clean bill of health!!"

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBaXXQ7pXmY

    And if you're curious, she also did a small bit on her experience of my brother passing away as well. Inspirational to me for sure....

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rMcjCYuxzo&sns=em
    - Jeff

    1994 205, LT1

  • #2
    Originally posted by Ski-me View Post
    For some of those who followed my niece's wakeboarding head injury last summer, here is an awesome video of her mom and how she dealt with it. As of the end of December, the doctor did OK her a "clean bill of health!!"

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBaXXQ7pXmY

    And if you're curious, she also did a small bit on her experience of my brother passing away as well. Inspirational to me for sure....

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rMcjCYuxzo&sns=em
    Thanks for sharing, I really needed that today
    WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE


    Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine

    Comment


    • #3
      Ski-me.

      Many thanks for posting this and what a blessing to have had such a great brother and have such an inspirational sister-in-law.

      This sure puts a lot of our so-called "problems" into perspective.

      Thanks again for this and please pass on my appreciation to your family!

      Comment


      • #4
        although both stories are sad in certain ways, what a beautiful inspiration of her Faith! Strong woman indeed!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bobx1 View Post
          Ski-me.

          Many thanks for posting this and what a blessing to have had such a great brother and have such an inspirational sister-in-law.

          This sure puts a lot of our so-called "problems" into perspective.

          Thanks again for this and please pass on my appreciation to your family!
          that's exactly what I gained from it
          WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE


          Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks for posting. I tried searching but didn't have luck finding with tapatalk. So happy that she has made a full recovery! But wondering how this happened? Did she hit an object or crash weird and the board came back and hit her in the head? I've got 15yr and 9yr old daughters that both wakeboard so would like to know. Thanks

            Comment


            • #7
              Message

              What a great story. It is true, we are all here for a reason!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Nordicron View Post
                Thanks for posting. I tried searching but didn't have luck finding with tapatalk. So happy that she has made a full recovery! But wondering how this happened? Did she hit an object or crash weird and the board came back and hit her in the head? I've got 15yr and 9yr old daughters that both wakeboard so would like to know. Thanks
                We pretty much waterski but thought wakeboarding would be a good break. She had only wakeboarded a few times so pretty much a newbie. She was going for several minutes and started to build her confidence so she decided to try a jump. She went up and crashed, but the back of the wakeboard came up and hit her in the back of the head fracturing it. It also put a pretty good dent on the edge of my board.

                I saw a 3D image of her skull and it just looked terrible! I couldn't believe the skull could go in that far. After sitting out of volleyball, she was really bummed but also gave her an excuse to work on her golf! Awesome, very positive girl! Love her!


                Thanks guys, we are all truly blessed......
                - Jeff

                1994 205, LT1

                Comment


                • #9
                  Here's a pic a year or two ago....
                  Attached Files
                  - Jeff

                  1994 205, LT1

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks much for sharing Ski-me. After hearing this I will make sure from now on neither of my kids go in the water again without their helmets when they are boarding.

                    Also making sure all kids ride appropriate size board and not a board that is too big will minimize scorpion falls. That's always my fear with kids and even girls that they are so darn flexible that the board is going to come back and hit them in the head. And I agree she sounds like one special girl!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      We are going with helmets this year. I bought my wife a helmet Saturday at Redline Watersports in Madison, WI, half price! Yeah its going to be more clutter on the floor of the boat because we are going to have to have about 6 of them rolling around. Better than a trip to the ER. New project: Helmet storage.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yea, GREAT story! Thanks for sharing.
                        http://weathersticker.wunderground.c.../Brunswick.gif

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          good for her and your family recovering from a head injury is truly a blessing
                          1981 MasterCraft
                          19' Skier 351W PowerSlot
                          Long gone is the Trans AM waiting for another

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Thanks for sharing. Great blessing to us for sharing this.

                            My kids are getting some presents this year. Helmets

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X