Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

kidney stones....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • kidney stones....

    OMFingG!!!!!
    I wanted my momma this morning.... woke up to back pain about 3:00am... pretty typical actually, considering my present back problems......
    then BAM!!!!! the BIG ONE hit!!!
    the only mildly comfortable position was standing up, then the cold sweats started, and the dizziness.
    suffered with it for several hours,had a shot of tequila, considered the ambulance, waited a little longer and had enough!

    drove about 5 blocks to ER, pulled up in the Ambulance parking lot, told SIRI to find the hospital.... that @#$%%$$##@@!@! idiot gives me the number for radiology so, I had to google the number.
    someone answered, I said I need a wheelchair outside ER doors.
    quite surprisingly, I was able to keep time stamps... I felt they were extremely efficient... If I had WALKED into ER, I know it'd been a different story!
    The kids came and got me, son drove me home, and now I get to pee in a strainer while on percocet
    never been on them before
    Attached Files
    WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE


    Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine

  • #2
    I feel for you brother and God willing, I will never have to feel that pain!!
    If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.
    1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
    275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
    Monster Tower & PerfectPass


    Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!


    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams

    Comment


    • #3
      sorry man....lot's of fluids... no beer now .... 2mm get you're favorite libation for when it passes.... glad it's only 2mm and you don't need a sonic blast...
      sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

      Comment


      • #4
        That sucks!
        2002 Blue Prostar 197, 0 Flex Tower, Perfect Pass, and The Preditor-ADHD Skier

        I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :

        Comment


        • #5
          Was it really necessary to bring that up? Now I am certain to start feeling symptoms.
          Earmark Marine
          www.earmarkmarine.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
            sorry man....lot's of fluids... no beer now .... 2mm get you're favorite libation for when it passes.... glad it's only 2mm and you don't need a sonic blast...
            Beer never touches these lips, and Dr. says 2mm will pass without surgical intervention.... 5mm to 7mm and up requires another trip to the doc

            I stopped drinking sodas in October, cold turkey... switched to strictly water with a drink additive, or unsweet tea with no additives, and only a couple of those a week at that.
            (Drank almost 5 cases of 16.9 ounce Aquafina water in January alone...32 bottles to a case.)
            I've only had 2 cups of black coffee since January 17th.

            Before October, was abusing 20 ounce Blue Mountain Dew, Cream&Sugar Coffee 8 to 14 cups a day, Sweet Tea, Starbucks Mocha Canned Energy Coffee, and 5 hour energy drinks.

            Today was first kidney stone ever.
            WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE


            Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine

            Comment


            • #7
              I feel your pain, literally...my last one was 10mm so 2mm should be a walk in the park.

              I've had lithotripsy twice, and the good old fashioned "go in after it" surgery once. I've also passed a few without surgery.

              Kidney stones flat out suck!!!!!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                The first time I got them I thought I was in the movie "Outbreak" and that my insides were liquifying. Drink lots of fluids like the others said, when you see that thing you'll wonder how something that small can make you want death.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Been there, had a 4mm stone. Woke up at 6am in Vegas of all places with terrible back pain. Suffered for a while then took a trip to ER. Anyone ever in Vegas need a hospital, UMC is a great place. In and out in a few hours. Left with a bunch of pain meds and a "good luck" from the doctor. Nothing else he could do, told me to drink lots of fluids, no alcohol, see your doctor when you get home. Pretty much put the end to that Vegas trip.

                  Only advice I can give you is stay ahead on the pain meds. Seriously, don't lapse or you'll be hurting. If you do lapse, a quick pain reliever is a hot tub or hot bath. No joke, my ER nurse told me about it. Spent lots of time in my hot tub when I got home. Amazing thing that hot tub can do, only downside is the pain comes right back once you get out. That is until your pain meds kick in again.


                  Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
                  WaterSkis.com***WakeBoards.com

                  Midwest MasterCraft***Midwest Water Sports

                  Facebook WaterSkis.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GOLIATH View Post
                    Been there, had a 4mm stone. Woke up at 6am in Vegas of all places with terrible back pain. Suffered for a while then took a trip to ER. Anyone ever in Vegas need a hospital, UMC is a great place. In and out in a few hours. Left with a bunch of pain meds and a "good luck" from the doctor. Nothing else he could do, told me to drink lots of fluids, no alcohol, see your doctor when you get home. Pretty much put the end to that Vegas trip.

                    Only advice I can give you is stay ahead on the pain meds. Seriously, don't lapse or you'll be hurting. If you do lapse, a quick pain reliever is a hot tub or hot bath. No joke, my ER nurse told me about it. Spent lots of time in my hot tub when I got home. Amazing thing that hot tub can do, only downside is the pain comes right back once you get out. That is until your pain meds kick in again.


                    Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
                    ironically, that nagging punch in the kidney just came back about 2 minutes ago, and just took another percocet.... so, that'll be number 2 for the day.
                    I don't do very well taking maintenance meds.... I tend to take them for acute symptoms, so the way I see it, I suffered with it for several hours this morning, so I'm thinking I can hanfle the 30 minutes it takes for the med to kick in.
                    maybe the plan will work, maybe it won't.... but the toe curling, fidgeting, and kicking myself is already starting

                    edit:
                    just finished my 7th. 16 ounce of bottled water today, plus had 16 ounces of 100% unsweetened apple juice with lunch.
                    WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE


                    Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      International Kidney Stones

                      Ive had them three times. Twice in UK once in Germany. Every time blue lighted in ambulance. Twice had S stent fitted between Kidney and bladder. The stent caused me as much grief as the stones. Twice surgically removed and the last one with pain killers and fluids passed naturally. Based on pain, I expected a stone the size of a house brick but it was tiny !!

                      There was an pleasant side effect from the pain killers though! Codein based. When I "eventually! had a crap the house brick finally and painfully came onto the scene!!

                      On the first one the Nurse told me she had given birth to three kids and had one kidney stone. She said having kids was easier and less painful.

                      I wish you luck. The only upside is when you finally get rid of the stone, the relief is just bloody fantastic!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by milkmania View Post
                        Beer never touches these lips, and Dr. says 2mm will pass without surgical intervention.... 5mm to 7mm and up requires another trip to the doc

                        I stopped drinking sodas in October, cold turkey... switched to strictly water with a drink additive, or unsweet tea with no additives, and only a couple of those a week at that.
                        (Drank almost 5 cases of 16.9 ounce Aquafina water in January alone...32 bottles to a case.)
                        I've only had 2 cups of black coffee since January 17th.

                        Before October, was abusing 20 ounce Blue Mountain Dew, Cream&Sugar Coffee 8 to 14 cups a day, Sweet Tea, Starbucks Mocha Canned Energy Coffee, and 5 hour energy drinks.

                        Today was first kidney stone ever.
                        You stopped drinking all of that stuff and NOW you have a kidney stone. Coincidence? You decide.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by milkmania View Post
                          I stopped drinking sodas in October, cold turkey... switched to strictly water with a drink additive, or unsweet tea with no additives, and only a couple of those a week at that.
                          (Drank almost 5 cases of 16.9 ounce Aquafina water in January alone...32 bottles to a case.)
                          I've only had 2 cups of black coffee since January 17th.
                          From what I understand, Tea (sweet or unsweet) is about the worst thing out there for kidney stones.
                          Bailey
                          '02 X-9
                          Lake Blue Ridge

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Try eating as many apples a day as possible, at least three but 6 or 7 is better Google it. the fiber will help the bricks as an added bonus.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              oh...and we don't need any pictures on this threaded... feeling any better today?
                              sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X