The Sequestration Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sequestration Thread

Any DoD or other government employees out there? I hope you can afford a temporary 20% pay cut. And the effects will probably be spread throughout the economy.

I blame Republicans as much as Democrats. The single most important part of their job and they can't even get that right.
    / \

Former boats:
    2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
    1990 Prostar 190

wow, 20% pay cut? some of them might not feel the impact immediately, but over time everyone will feel the impact... people will start dipping into their savings, renewing CD's for shorter terms, etc
    sure hate to hear it
    WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine

Comment

Meant to post this article link in original thread, message from my "boss": http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...y.html?hpid=z1

Yeah, wife and I already started cutting back on spending - especially on dining out at restaurants. No big deal for us, we can get by fairly easily, but I feel sorry for the folks on the lower end of the pay scales.
      / \

Former boats:
      1990 Prostar 190

Comment

Not directly affected by that but I do work for a ship building company that has projects thats being put on the back burner due to all the things going on. Hopefully we don't have any lay offs.

Comment

Oh yeah, and Congress is out on vacation this week.
          / \

Former boats:
          1990 Prostar 190

Comment

I received the lowest pay raises this past Jan since I have been in the Military. I will say that Yes, I seen it coming. The amount of waste and abuse that has flooded the service over the past ten years is amazing. Anyone that has been to Iraq can vouch for this. Do you know how many Vehicles (Tahoes, Suburbans, F-150's) we lease? Not to mention every connex (Metal Container) we rent per month? There are several ways to save money in the goverment but as I have been watching the news lately, it seems like we are in for a big cut in our budget. I am in charge of the biggest Medical Maintenance Shop in the Department of Defense and I can say that it has become just plain silly to the point of having to get a General Officer's approval to purchase a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by shepherd View Post
              Oh yeah, and Congress is out on vacation this week.
              How is that different from the other 51 weeks?
              - Peter
              TANDEM AXLE PACKAGE - $950 DELIVERED WHEEL IMAGE
              5 14X5.5 T06 WHEELS W/5 ST215/75R14 KENDA LOADSTAR RADIALS SS CENTER CAPS, LUGS, MOUNTED, BALANCED & READY TO INSTALL

PM or email me for tire, wheel or package pricing.
              CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
              LED lights, Chrome & Powder Coated Lugs
              2 LED 6" BRAKE LIGHTS DELIVERED $25

tiresplease@gmail.com

Comment

even as an "mission essential" DOD employee I am a worried guy. I pray the goons in DC don't hang me out to dry for a little while
                1981 MasterCraft
                19' Skier 351W PowerSlot
                Long gone is the Trans AM waiting for another

Comment

The biggest irony is that these folks are supposed to be the smartest people in the land... bad news is we picked them... grrrr... (well MC owners) but the general population... grrrr
                  sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Originally posted by shepherd View Post
                    Any DoD or other government employees out there? I hope you can afford a temporary 20% pay cut. And the effects will probably be spread throughout the economy.

I blame Republicans as much as Democrats. The single most important part of their job and they can't even get that right.
                    I tend to be conservative but yes, they are all a bunch of bums. If I said what I wanted to say my post would have to be censored.

Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
                    The biggest irony is that these folks are supposed to be the smartest people in the land... bad news is we picked them... grrrr... (well MC owners) but the general population... grrrr
                    Oh, they are pretty smart, when it comes to being self serving. When it comes to doing the right thing, they don't mind screwing the people they are serving.
                    I love to travel, but hate to arrive. ~~ A. Einstein
                    -----
                    You donít stop riding because youíre getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.
                    -----
                    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a Ride! ~~ Hunter S. Thompson
                    -----
                    My wakeboard is calling, and I must go ride! ~~ Me

Comment

So next time at the polls, remember to vote ALL the bums out.
                      I love to travel, but hate to arrive. ~~ A. Einstein
                      -----
                      You donít stop riding because youíre getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.
                      -----
                      Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a Ride! ~~ Hunter S. Thompson
                      -----
                      My wakeboard is calling, and I must go ride! ~~ Me

Comment

they need to put term limits on politicians. They also need to not give politicians a life long paycheck for serving as little as 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by -V- View Post
                          they need to put term limits on politicians. They also need to not give politicians a life long paycheck for serving as little as 2 years.
                          I don't think I have ever heard how much that budget accounts for
                          1981 MasterCraft
                          19' Skier 351W PowerSlot
                          Long gone is the Trans AM waiting for another

Comment

Originally posted by GoneBoatN View Post
                            So next time at the polls, remember to vote ALL the bums out.
                            I TRIED!!!!!
                            that damned electoral college screwed me over! they announced the president before all the precincts were even counted

Comment

the angry smiley kinda lost its effectiveness didn't it?

Comment

Working...
                              X