bama to Spy on Citizens' Bank Accounts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bama to Spy on Citizens' Bank Accounts

Read the complete article and then draw your own conclusions from it.

http://news.newsmax.com/?K6C6aiehnyl...o_code=12CA7-1
    Last edited by Dino Don; 03-14-2013, 06:12 PM.

Like many things in life it's a balancing act between freedom and protection...
    I love to travel, but hate to arrive. ~~ A. Einstein
    -----
    You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.
    -----
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a Ride! ~~ Hunter S. Thompson
    -----
    My wakeboard is calling, and I must go ride! ~~ Me

Comment

technology killed freedom a long time ago. How about the gov't stops spending money violating rights and focuses on fixing their f-ups.

Comment

I assume bama means Obama.
        Tim
        Gone, surfing.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneBoatN View Post
          Like many things in life it's a balancing act between freedom and protection...
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Thomas Jefferson
          1998 ProStar 190 30th Anniversary, Corvette LT-1, STARS AND STRIPES BABY (with a really bad bimini)!!!!!!** * Footin' anyone?
          RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul

Comment

Bank of Certa sounds like a good place to keep my money.

Comment

Originally posted by captain planet View Post
              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Thomas Jefferson
              Well played.
              - Peter
              TANDEM AXLE PACKAGE $950 DELIVERED
              5 14X5.5 T06 WHEELS W/5 ST215/75R14 KENDA LOADSTAR RADIALS SS CENTER CAPS, LUGS, MOUNTED, BALANCED & READY TO INSTALL

PM or email me for tire, wheel or package pricing.
              CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
              LED lights, Chrome & Powder Coated Lugs
              2 LED 6" BRAKE LIGHTS DELIVERED $25

tiresplease@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
                Well played.
                My pleasure.

Americans need to pick up The Constitution once and a while and read it.
                1998 ProStar 190 30th Anniversary, Corvette LT-1, STARS AND STRIPES BABY (with a really bad bimini)!!!!!!** * Footin' anyone?
                RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul

Comment

Since I'm a Bama fan and from the state of AL, can we please refer to that guy as the big O, little O, Obama or basically anything but Bama............please!
                  Being on the water is best, but when I'm not on the water I'm on TT.

2002 X Star
                  Sold - 76 S&S

Comment

Yes sir! Especially the ones in the Capitol Building.
                    / \

Former boats:
                    2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
                    1990 Prostar 190

Comment

My pleasure.

Thomas Jefferson lived from 1743 to 1826. It's sort of like saying we should still keep defending ourselves with the musket. Unfortunately we live in the day and age where people for enough money can get access to stuff they should not. Just one more tool for defense against the seriously bad people. People want total freedom and then something like 9/11 (pick the event to your liking) happens and then they cry that enough was not done to stop it. How exactly to you find the bad people if you don't go looking? It's not like they have a sign tattooed to their forehead.

Oh, by the way, I have read the constitution, thank you very much/
                      -----
                      You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.
                      -----
                      Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a Ride! ~~ Hunter S. Thompson
                      -----

Comment

Originally posted by GoneBoatN View Post
                        Thomas Jefferson lived from 1743 to 1826. It's sort of like saying we should still keep defending ourselves with the musket. Unfortunately we live in the day and age where people for enough money can get access to stuff they should not. Just one more tool for defense against the seriously bad people. People want total freedom and then something like 9/11 (pick the event to your liking) happens and then they cry that enough was not done to stop it. How exactly to you find the bad people if you don't go looking? It's not like they have a sign tattooed to their forehead.

Oh, by the way, I have read the constitution, thank you very much/
                        Perhaps you missed this part from the article:

"He said one of the problems with the plan is that there is “wiggle room” on how the information will be used. In the past, the National CounterTerrorism Center, which is supposed to ensure that critical threat information is shared among various agencies, was obliged to “promptly identify and purge any innocent U.S. person information.”

But the guidelines were subsequently loosened so that “not only can they keep the data for a number of years, but they can continue to use it,” German said."

I don't think anyone suggests that we don't look for the bad guys, but this isn't supposed to be an open invitation to compile bank records of people who fall into the "innocent" category, as suggested by the article.
                        - Peter
                        TANDEM AXLE PACKAGE $950 DELIVERED
                        5 14X5.5 T06 WHEELS W/5 ST215/75R14 KENDA LOADSTAR RADIALS SS CENTER CAPS, LUGS, MOUNTED, BALANCED & READY TO INSTALL

PM or email me for tire, wheel or package pricing.
                        CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
                        LED lights, Chrome & Powder Coated Lugs
                        2 LED 6" BRAKE LIGHTS DELIVERED $25

tiresplease@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
                          Perhaps you missed this part from the article:

"He said one of the problems with the plan is that there is “wiggle room” on how the information will be used. In the past, the National CounterTerrorism Center, which is supposed to ensure that critical threat information is shared among various agencies, was obliged to “promptly identify and purge any innocent U.S. person information.”

But the guidelines were subsequently loosened so that “not only can they keep the data for a number of years, but they can continue to use it,” German said."

I don't think anyone suggests that we don't look for the bad guys, but this isn't supposed to be an open invitation to compile bank records of people who fall into the "innocent" category, as suggested by the article.
                          One of the problems with analyzing data is knowing exactly what you are looking for at the time you are looking at the data. So there is a need to keep it. Seems to me terrorism is typically long planned out. Terrorist operate over a long period of time. It would be necessary to keep the information for a long period of time to be useful.

The point becomes that the information is used only for the intent that it was obtain and that it does not become public. IMO someone stating "wiggle room" (surely the document does not use these terms) is using FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt) to incite people rather than state facts. I myself would want to know the details before passing judgement on it. I myself believe that to this day the CIA and others are a necessary evil.

But, yes I did skip over that part while reading/skimming the article.
                          -----
                          -----
                          -----

Comment

Ah this is a slippery slope... unfortunately our leaders continue down a path once a gate is open.....
                            sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

So, no thoughts of your own?

Comment

Working...
                              X