Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > MasterCraft In Your Area

Old 11-12-2020, 04:49 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2jp View Post
Water is project to rise to record levels - 799' elevation. As a comparison, the high water event in May didn't make it 798'...so we are talking over a foot higher and a lot more potential damage. If you have any way to get to your boat to lower tower, move boat, etc., or at least make sure it's tied up and wont float away, now is the time!
Really sad that they are flooding again this year. I think AEPs management of the water levels was really poor all year.

Edit:
Also, particularly problematic this time because so many people are gone for the winter. I imagine there will be a lot of damage. We are good, but thank you for the warning because I am sure there are others who aren't at the lake and are not following it closely!
Old 01-27-2021, 11:59 AM
TT Enthusiast

A couple pieces of SML news that I thought might interest folks.

The Landing Restaurant is moving to Mariner's Landing: https://wfirnews.com/news/popular-sm...rant-is-moving

Virginia bill trying to put restrictions on wakesurfing was defeated in the VA House: https://roanoke.com/news/local/bill-...fd98a.amp.html
Old 01-28-2021, 10:12 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1992 PS 205-285HO
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivinIsEasy View Post
A couple pieces of SML news that I thought might interest folks.

The Landing Restaurant is moving to Mariner's Landing: https://wfirnews.com/news/popular-sm...rant-is-moving

Virginia bill trying to put restrictions on wakesurfing was defeated in the VA House: https://roanoke.com/news/local/bill-...fd98a.amp.html
Thankfully the bill died, but hopefully it brought some awareness to the boating community to follow the rules already in place and to be respectful of other boaters and property owners. What we don't need are more law/rules (that won't be enforced anyway).

I'm on the BoD at The Pointe, where The Landing will be located in the old Heath's Waterfront Grill space. We've been working with PMG to make The Landing deal happen and very excited they are moving here. Mariner's Landing has been revitialized since the new ownership took over last Fall. There are some very cool things happening in 2021 and many more planned for the future.
Old 01-29-2021, 02:12 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 XStar
Thanks for the updates on both The Landing as well as the bill dying. I've booked my first week of the summer (6/26 - 7/3). Bringing some SML rookies along this trip. Should be a great time.

I am having trouble finding a house to rent for the week of 7/31 - 8/7. If anyone knows of a nice 4BR property for rent please PM me.

Come on warm weather!!!

Chris
Old 01-29-2021, 09:37 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1992 PS 205-285HO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyoder1 View Post
Thanks for the updates on both The Landing as well as the bill dying. I've booked my first week of the summer (6/26 - 7/3). Bringing some SML rookies along this trip. Should be a great time.

I am having trouble finding a house to rent for the week of 7/31 - 8/7. If anyone knows of a nice 4BR property for rent please PM me.

Come on warm weather!!!

Chris
Any preference on area for the rental?
Old 02-07-2021, 09:02 PM
TT Enthusiast

I was just looking at Magnum's website randomly, and noticed there is no sign of Mastercraft anymore. They still show up as a dealer on MC's website, but that may not be updated. Has anyone heard what is going on? Is a different dealer in the area getting MC? There are so many MCs on the lake. Hard to believe a dealer can't make it there.
Old 02-08-2021, 01:26 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2020 X22 / 2018 XT21 5500 (Sold) / 2015 NXT20 (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivinIsEasy View Post
I was just looking at Magnum's website randomly, and noticed there is no sign of Mastercraft anymore. They still show up as a dealer on MC's website, but that may not be updated. Has anyone heard what is going on? Is a different dealer in the area getting MC? There are so many MCs on the lake. Hard to believe a dealer can't make it there.
I have not heard anything but I don't understand why we can have a great dealer supporting us on SML. Lots of Matercrafts on the lake.
Old 02-08-2021, 04:27 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT21LakeAnna View Post
I have not heard anything but I don't understand why we can have a great dealer supporting us on SML. Lots of Matercrafts on the lake.
Yeah, I don't know. Magnum always seemed more focused on Chaps. I suspect a lot of the homeowners from NC buy their boats at one of the bigger dealers down near Lake Norman or elsewhere in NC, so maybe that limits the market. I would think a dealer could make it on the lake if they were a good dealership that also offered a brand of toons and maybe Yahama jet skis or something. Webster seems to crush it with Bennington and Sea Doo, which allows them to have Sea Ray, Moomba and Nautique on the side. A similar arrangement could work, I would think. I feel like MC, Harris/Crest, Yahama, and something like Cobalt or Regal would do well.
Old 02-08-2021, 05:56 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 XStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2jp View Post
Any preference on area for the rental?
I'm not too particular but my wife and kids would like a cove with a private dock. They like the calm water for swimming. Based on our search so far we might be trying a new lake. So far we just can't find anything.

Chris
Old 02-08-2021, 06:07 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyoder1 View Post
I'm not too particular but my wife and kids would like a cove with a private dock. They like the calm water for swimming. Based on our search so far we might be trying a new lake. So far we just can't find anything.

Chris
I just checked VRBO, and there are like 20 options for that week with 4+ BRs. Are those not nice enough? Too expensive? Just looked at a couple, and they seemed like good options if I were looking to rent.