Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 11-16-2020, 11:39 AM
TT Regular

Boat: X45
JL with DSP??

Saw these just come up... I know next to nothing about stereo stuff, but love to here the thoughts of others that know much more than I do... does this mean these would be plug and play on our 2018+ DSP boats??

https://www.jlaudio.com/collections/...plifiers-98649
Old 11-16-2020, 11:47 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2018 XT22
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradox45 View Post
Saw these just come up... I know next to nothing about stereo stuff, but love to here the thoughts of others that know much more than I do... does this mean these would be plug and play on our 2018+ DSP boats??

https://www.jlaudio.com/collections/...plifiers-98649
Nautique and Supra have been using these for a couple years now. They aren't plug and play, unless my adapter is added. They're the marine version of the VXi amplifiers. They have integrated DSP, like a TwK-88 built into the amp. The DSP allows for more tuning than a regular amplifier.

I installed the TwK 88 DSP in my XT22 and have updated the tuning slightly. But it gets complicated pretty fast since the Mastercraft has different "tunes" for Wake/Surf/Ski/Chill/Cruise". Basically I used the "chill" preset to add a tune, then made sure the tune didn't have any bad effects like clipping or distortion while in other modes.

I can help with Klispch Stereo modifications
www.chesnuttech.com
Old 11-16-2020, 12:27 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2019 X22, '18 NXT22, '06 X30
You really don't need it unless you are an extreme audio file head. However the app on the phone to tune the amp is a cool idea with the adapter needed. For anyone plugging directly into the Klipsch DSP its not worth the extra $$$