Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 11-16-2020, 07:56 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 06 X30, MCX, GSA
Removing Ballast Manifold

One of my winter projects will be removing the dumb ballast manifold and giving each pump its own intake. Since I upgraded my port and stbd. pumps, not enough water can be sucked through the manifold to constantly supply the pumps.

Iím planning on drilling 2, one inch thru hull intakes along with the appropriate fittings to supply the port and stbd. pumps. My question is whatís the best way to supply the kgb pump? Iím hoping somehow I can reduce the existing intake hose (3Ē?) down to 1Ē to fit the pump. I have no idea if this is doable, or even a good idea lol. I donít want to take the intake out and have to patch a 3Ē hole in the hull. Has anyone gone through this process before? Iíve seen prostar205 has done this on his X30 but mine has a larger intake line so Iím not quite sure what to do. Any input helps

ďMoney canít buy happiness, but it can improve the quality of your misery.Ē
Old 11-17-2020, 12:57 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2015 X30, 6.2L
Here’s what I am doing to my buddy’s ‘06 X30:
Already upgraded port and starboard pumps to Ballast Kings. These will both continue to use the manifold system as the large supply hose is easily adequate for supplying the two Kings. I will now be adding a dedicated 1” thru-hull intake/supply hose for the Ballast Puppy feeding just the KGB. Will also add a dedicated Empty hose/port utilizing a check valve system like the OEM so that it will still empty out the side, not the bottom of the hull. Then simply plug the KGB port in the manifold.
Fill/Empty times will be reduced from 12 minutes to 9 (820 piggyback bags).