Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 11-28-2019, 02:04 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 93 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by tph View Post
That set is "dual locking" whereas the original only locks on one side. It will be a little different to install but maybe better.
Also, I think it has threaded studs which may need to be knocked out for installation on a MC seat. Good find.
Good point and I would not like that for me.

I also modified my seat by raising it onto a 2" aluminum channel on each rail, added carriage bolts and hex head machine screws to replace all of the OEM fasteners. The 2" rise is comfortable seating.

An easier access to remove the seat if needed.

2 Peter 1:38
Old 11-28-2019, 02:17 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Prostar, 190, 1995, LT-1
Should be easy to modify either way. I've already made intermediate brackets like this idea for installing a new heater box. So would be easy to add a channel for these, and I'm usually driving with sitting up on one leg, so a bit higher would be nicer for me as well. I'll play around with that as well. It'll be a couple months before I get the seat back from the upholstery shop and the new carpet in before I get these parts installed. I'll be updating all my threads come spring with the final results.
Old 11-28-2019, 02:21 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 93 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilauder View Post
Should be easy to modify either way. I've already made intermediate brackets like this idea for installing a new heater box. So would be easy to add a channel for these, and I'm usually driving with sitting up on one leg, so a bit higher would be nicer for me as well. I'll play around with that as well. It'll be a couple months before I get the seat back from the upholstery shop and the new carpet in before I get these parts installed. I'll be updating all my threads come spring with the final results.
Put in seat heating pads while the skins are going in new...easy and inexpensive. No better time. Passenger seat also...bottom and back for each.

2 Peter 1:38
Old 11-30-2019, 11:52 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1987 Prostar 190
Seat Slides

Have your checked mastercraft parts depot?