Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > What is this boat worth?

Old 12-03-2019, 12:09 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft XT22 2018 5500GDI
2018 XT22 Feelers

Putting some feelers out for my XT22. Considering selling and curious what it may be worth. Excellent Condition with around 100hrs. Build sheet and a few pics below.

Upgrades not included in build sheet...
-Wake/Surf Board Racks
-Liquid Lumens Under Water Lights
-Tinted Windshield (20%)
-LowPro Wheels w/Spare
-Additional SeaDek Sections
-Wakemakers 710s Ballast Upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2019, 12:41 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '13 X2 Pro Gen2, '98 30th Anniv PS190- SOLD-
Nice clean boat, the tinted windshield adds some interest to the interior colorway.

From my research for a boat of the same size with 100 ish hours, engine upgrade and similar options they are listed at $109K to about $114k. Not sure if they are actually selling at that price range or not though.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:02 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP... SOLD
Wow what nice boat. Probably not he best timing for selling both time of year and from a depreciation perspective. Don't know how well you bought the boat but winter/boat show pricing as well as blow out pricing on left overs are going to put downward pressure on your boat. The search on 2018 - 2019 MCs on Only Inboards showed no shortage or used/leftover boats for sale. Asking price ranged on the low side from mid $80K (extremely low IMO) to $140K for highly optioned 2019 new boats with most settling in the mid to upper $90s to low $100s. This is asking price and almost all the boats were being held by dealers so I'd expect this to be the starting price. I would suspect that another 5% - 10% discount off that price wouldn't be unreasonable to achieve.

Unfortunately your biggest competitor is going to be a dealer with leftover inventory that they're going to want to move come the boat shows that will start in just a couple months. IMO with a boat like yours, your best move would probably be to either trade it in (if you're looking to move to another boat) or hold out until spring and try to sell when demand picks up and the 2019s are gone.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:06 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2019 XT22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bturner2 View Post
Wow what nice boat. Probably not he best timing for selling both time of year and from a depreciation perspective. Don't know how well you bought the boat but winter/boat show pricing as well as blow out pricing on left overs are going to put downward pressure on your boat. The search on 2018 - 2019 MCs on Only Inboards showed no shortage or used/leftover boats for sale. Asking price ranged on the low side from mid $80K (extremely low IMO) to $140K for highly optioned 2019 new boats with most settling in the mid to upper $90s to low $100s. This is asking price and almost all the boats were being held by dealers so I'd expect this to be the starting price. I would suspect that another 5% - 10% discount off that price wouldn't be unreasonable to achieve.

Unfortunately your biggest competitor is going to be a dealer with leftover inventory that they're going to want to move come the boat shows that will start in just a couple months. IMO with a boat like yours, your best move would probably be to either trade it in (if you're looking to move to another boat) or hold out until spring and try to sell when demand picks up and the 2019s are gone.

Ditto. Leftover 2019s are definitely going to be the biggest challenge. I would wait till spring and there wonít be any 19s left.

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2019!!!!!!

https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk...d.php?t=100065

2019 XT22-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Old 12-03-2019, 09:44 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft XT22 2018 5500GDI
Thanks for the input and great points! I figured listing it now wouldnít be ideal timing and may not have much activity on it until the spring. There arenít very 18ís many online that are built like mine so just hard to get a feel for price. Most have either the 5000 engine or small screen. Then once you get into 19ís they have the 7Ē option which I figured would really affect the dual screen market. In 18í when I ordered it was almost a must to get the dual screens based on what you lost without it.

Just figured I could get some input, and at the same time let people know itís available for anyone looking to get into an XT22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2019, 10:10 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2016 Mastercraft X23
Wow.....finally a boat that doesn't have hideous interior..... Congrats, this would be a boat I would buy, most lose me on the interior colors..... more interior colors is not better. Well done on the colors that will be a plus for this boat for sure.

Most leftover 2019's will have crazy interior.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:27 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '13 X2 Pro Gen2, '98 30th Anniv PS190- SOLD-
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham37128 View Post
Wow.....finally a boat that doesn't have hideous interior..... Congrats, this would be a boat I would buy, most lose me on the interior colors..... more interior colors is not better. Well done on the colors that will be a plus for this boat for sure.

Most leftover 2019's will have crazy interior.
I kinda got the hunch that jgraham isn't too fond of bold interior colors.
(J/K)

I also dislike seat bolsters that are bold colors like bright yellow, orange or lime green. Stick with black or gray and you are always safe.