Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 10-30-2019, 10:00 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 09 214 Prostar
My MCOD goes like this:
Remove cover to pump, remove impeller, dry pump out with towel, pour gallon of RV antifreeze in hose to tank. Just in case a little water remains. Not convinced tanks ever completely empty.
Done.
Attached Images

Old 10-30-2019, 10:11 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2019 XT22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime View Post
For the rear I typically disconnect the hose between hard tank and bag, then pour antifreeze in at that point. Not into the bag, directly into the tank. For the front tank I use a smaller hose which will barely fit into the thru-hull, pour slow and it will make its way into the tank. Then empty tanks and ensure you see pink.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully View Post
My MCOD goes like this:
Remove cover to pump, remove impeller, dry pump out with towel, pour gallon of RV antifreeze in hose to tank. Just in case a little water remains. Not convinced tanks ever completely empty.
Done.
These 2 methods are the easiest. You can do #1 for rears and open the in floor hatch by the drain plug to access the front pump and pour the antifreeze in via the pump. If you look at the front tank, a few inches of water remains in them when sitting level, so a steep ramp or hill to get the water out is also a good idea before adding the antifreeze.
Old 10-30-2019, 10:29 AM
TT Regular

Boat: '18 X23
Does anybody know how small the "smaller hose" is to fit into the front thru-hull vent? The smallest hose I have is about 1/2" and it didn't work. We talking 1/4" or smaller?
Old 10-30-2019, 11:56 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2019 XT22
Quote:
Originally Posted by yomotha View Post
Does anybody know how small the "smaller hose" is to fit into the front thru-hull vent? The smallest hose I have is about 1/2" and it didn't work. We talking 1/4" or smaller?
I fought that battle last weekend and found that taking the screws off the ballast pump for the front tank and using a funnel in the pump was MUCH easier.