Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 08-16-2019, 01:07 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Master Craft, Stars & Stripes, 1983, PCM 351, Power Slot
Would it be easier to just purchase new from Holley? Or do you have any recommendations?

Was looking at this one:
https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...arts/0-80319-1

Also, the Pertonix spark plug wires can't be solid core, and the one's they sell for 351W are street and don't allow for the routing around the exhaust manifold, seems.
Old 08-16-2019, 04:54 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 93 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marley View Post
Would it be easier to just purchase new from Holley? Or do you have any recommendations?

Was looking at this one:
https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...arts/0-80319-1

Also, the Pertonix spark plug wires can't be solid core, and the one's they sell for 351W are street and don't allow for the routing around the exhaust manifold, seems.
Find your Holley carb at Discount Inboard Marine and also use their 10% discount code "USA."

You do want the Holley marine 4160 600 cfm carb.

So that said, it's new and a fellow here (thatsmrmastercraft = TMC) says those (new from Discount Inboard Marine) are still not perfectly calibrated for the 351w. I bought one last year from there and it is spot on right out of the box...but TMC is a subject matter expert so I can also say he will build one for you from a used core that meets the specs he recommends for a slightly less price. You can talk to him about that. He can also use yours for a rebuild. He does a good job on a rebuild. He has done for me in the past.

I personally like a new unit but that is all up to you about a rebuild. If you're going to get it rebuilt, TMC is the go-to guy and his return shipping is included. I will say this; if you ship him your core for rebuild, package it above and beyond the standard thought of being packaged "OK". It needs good packaging for the ride.

Look on Summit Rcing dot com for Taylor wires...8mm..spiral wound. This will get you close. You need the female end for your distributor.

I'd call and ask a tech about the application but I think these will work. Please double check my math. I could be wrong.

Old 08-16-2019, 06:38 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Master Craft, Stars & Stripes, 1983, PCM 351, Power Slot
Thanks again, ordered through Discount Inboard. Great price and loved the discount, thanks. I am sure TMC is Da Bomb and I probably will have him look at my original carb since I'll keep it for a second, jetted for high altitudes, i.e. Tahoe, making it easy to go from lower to higher elevations with simple carb change.
Thanks, again.
Old 08-16-2019, 08:59 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 93 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marley View Post
Thanks again, ordered through Discount Inboard. Great price and loved the discount, thanks. I am sure TMC is Da Bomb and I probably will have him look at my original carb since I'll keep it for a second, jetted for high altitudes, i.e. Tahoe, making it easy to go from lower to higher elevations with simple carb change.
Thanks, again.
Good luck and happy boating.