Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > Wanted to Buy

Old 02-08-2020, 09:18 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2015 X30
WTB: 1980 or 1981 S&S

I’m considering starting a build of an 80-81 Stars and Stripes and am looking for a boat to start with. These years are the sweet spot for me with the old-style curved windshield but a nice slalom wake, tracking fins, etc.

Requirements are that it should be a complete power slot boat and trailer, but cosmetic and mechanical condition are less important. I would plan to tear it down completely and rebuild it from the stringers up, including a re-gel if necessary. The vision is a “resto-mod” (for the car folks here), i.e. original-ish looking but with modern colors, fuel injection, accessories and finish / interior.

If you know of a good starting point available / for sale, please let me know. Thanks!
Old 02-11-2020, 05:07 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: STARS & STRIPES, 81, 351 FORD
WhiskeyTango, I have a 1981 Mastercraft Stars & Stripes up for sale. It has a 351 Ford Cleveland engine, electronic ignition, 1-1 Velvet Drive, Power Slot, 14 1/2 blade. Many new parts from hoses, fuel lines, impeller, starter, battery, battery cables. Trailer was done when I purchased boat, always garaged for winter and winterized, all fluids get changed . Asking $ 7,500.00 Boat & Trailer & 2 covers, $ 8,500 includes all the extra stuff. Life jackets, gloves, ropes, skis, tubes, wake board, barefoot boom and many extra parts and cleaners. I can send you a few pics from when I put it away in the garage for it's nap in the fall.
Attached Images

CHIVALRY= Wanting to experience the satisfaction of knowing that we have championed the right causes and embraced the right principles, not because we were told to do so, but simply because we have chosen to follow that path.