Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 11-04-2019, 11:47 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: NXT22
Floor Yellowing

The area that is under my carpeting has developed a slight yellow tinge. Normal washing has not helped remove it. What products to other use to remove this?
Old 11-04-2019, 11:50 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2018 NXT22 Prior 2002 Maristar 230 VRS
I'd be interested to know this as well. Seems it only happens where rubber backing meets the deck. Mine is white.
Old 11-04-2019, 12:02 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft, X-30, 2012, 5.7 ILMOR
Sounds like plasticizer migration. I had this happen from a mirror mount on the windshield frame. Left me with a yellowish stain. So far nothing Iíve tried has removed it (goo gone, acetone, ordinary cleaners).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-2019, 01:58 PM
Scampbell18

I uses MaryKate On and Off Boat Hull cleaner. This stuff removes anything off your hull with very little effort. I doubt its recommended for the inside of the boat (hydrocloric acid) but i used some sparingly on the floor or my boat and it made it look brand new. I also ran the hose for a long time in the hull to make sure I got all the cleaner out the drain so it wouldnt corrode anything down below.

If i had to do it over again, I wouldve wiped up as much as possible first before rinsing down through the hull. This stuff is magic, but toxic.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:42 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
^Yes, if that or toilet bow, cleaner doesn't take it off, idk.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN