Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 11-05-2019, 09:50 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Klipsch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scampbell18 View Post
Thanks for being apart of the forum. I bought a brand new Mastercraft x23 this year and battled with connectivity the bluetooth and the USB connector plug-in all season. I didnt get to connect the bluetooth to any phone all season, despite several attempts on several phones. The bluetooth option did pop up every now and then, but would never connect. After about a month of using the USB connection, about 5% of the time, the USB connection would not read. I have tried several cords, it seems to be the system.
Which system do you have, Advanced (Klipsch head unit) or Premium (dual screen, Murphy)?
Old 11-05-2019, 10:01 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Klipsch
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjr View Post
Is the DSP update applied as part of the boat's software update or separately? I am about to pull the trigger on a 2019 with the dual screen and premium audio package and what to ensure it has the latest DSP update. How could one verify the version?
The DSP profile is not loaded as part of the boat's main software.

Have your dealer install the latest DSP profile for the boat (from DealerLink).

There has only been one updated profile that would apply to a 2019 model year, which is the new 2020 profile with the +3dB bass enhancement.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:43 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2018 XT22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scampbell18 View Post
Thanks for being apart of the forum. I bought a brand new Mastercraft x23 this year and battled with connectivity the bluetooth and the USB connector plug-in all season. I didnt get to connect the bluetooth to any phone all season, despite several attempts on several phones. The bluetooth option did pop up every now and then, but would never connect. After about a month of using the USB connection, about 5% of the time, the USB connection would not read. I have tried several cords, it seems to be the system.
What year X23? The bluetooth connectivity issue is likely related to the setting of internal or external antenna. If you have a 2018, it needs to be set to use the internal antenna, 2019+ I believe came with the external antenna. The only way to change this setting is to do a reset of the screen and change it on the initialization page.
Old 11-05-2019, 11:01 AM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithX30 View Post
Looking for some advice from someone that has tackled the task. I have an additional set of S85s that I want to add. Boat goes in for some work and winterization this week. I have premium sound with an 8 and 4 channel amp. Currently I am running two S85s on the tower and I want to add two more this spring.

Can I just run them in parallel with some minor wiring from the current speakers or do I need to add another 4 channel amp and/or another wiring harness?

Also, will I need to have the dsp updated?

I appreciate the advice.
Your premium sound system should have come with an 8 channel and a mono (1) channel amp. You will need to add the 4 channel Klipsch amp to power a second set of speakers. There are a couple harnesses you'll need from your dealer as well. Here are the part numbers:

4 channel amp - 508827
Amp power harness - 508006 (you can also make yourself automotive power wire and a fuse block)
Amp speaker output harness - 508503
Old 11-05-2019, 09:46 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2019 Xstar
Quote:
Originally Posted by eecyclone View Post
Your premium sound system should have come with an 8 channel and a mono (1) channel amp. You will need to add the 4 channel Klipsch amp to power a second set of speakers. There are a couple harnesses you'll need from your dealer as well. Here are the part numbers:

4 channel amp - 508827
Amp power harness - 508006 (you can also make yourself automotive power wire and a fuse block)
Amp speaker output harness - 508503
Thanks for the help. Will the dsp then to be updated? Much appreciated!
Old 11-06-2019, 10:27 AM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithX30 View Post
Thanks for the help. Will the dsp then to be updated? Much appreciated!
You won't need to update the DSP because you're not changing the style of speaker being used. The tuning of the tower output is the same whether you have 2 speakers or 4 speakers connected. The only difference in tuning on the DSP is for single speaker pods (profile A) vs the twin speaker pod option (profile B). When people add aftermarket HLCD speakers I always recommend switching to the profile B DSP tune.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:42 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2019 Xstar
Quote:
You won't need to update the DSP because you're not changing the style of speaker being used. The tuning of the tower output is the same whether you have 2 speakers or 4 speakers connected. The only difference in tuning on the DSP is for single speaker pods (profile A) vs the twin speaker pod option (profile B). When people add aftermarket HLCD speakers I always recommend switching to the profile B DSP tune.
Thanks again for the info!
Old 11-09-2019, 10:05 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft 2019 X22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reskilson View Post
I would like to here from others who have installed the Klipsch items mentioned above.
Starting with a 19 premium system and adding the Klipsch 4 channel amp, 2 additional Klipsch speakers (either S80's or S85's) , and the necessary harnesses. Did the premium A profile
work in the DSP? Was there any issues?
Quote:
Anyone with a 19 premium system added two additional Klipsch tower speakers, 4 ch. amp and harnesses with success ?
I know a few members have added wetsound speakers or integrated different amps with good results. I am looking for real world experience with all Klipsch products.

Nacimiento Lake/the dragon
Old 11-09-2019, 10:37 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2019 XT22
Quote:
Anyone with a 19 premium system added two additional Klipsch tower speakers, 4 ch. amp and harnesses with success ?
I know a few members have added wetsound speakers or integrated different amps with good results. I am looking for real world experience with all Klipsch products.
Yes. Your dealer can do all of this.

I went the wetsounds route for a lot of reasons.

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2019!!!!!!

https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk...d.php?t=100065

2019 XT22-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Old 11-09-2019, 10:40 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2015 X10
Quote:
I just bought a 19 X22 and am having the dealer add 2 additional S85's as we speak.

Tags
bongiovi, dsp, klipsch, stereo