Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Tow Vehicles

Old 11-05-2019, 08:34 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP... SOLD
I'd do Evolution way before Outer Armor. While I like the fit and finish on the OA cover the material on the OA cover is not Sunbrella and while it'll keep the sun off the boat most anything else will leak through. I've owned covers made with Shark skin, Canvas and Sunbrella. The only one I'll buy now is Sunbrella until something better comes along.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:30 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Prostar
Consider tumacs cover. Skip Dunlap sells them on ski it again. Material seems tough , fit is tight, and price is good.
It doesn’t breathe, so not sure I’d use as “always “ cover. But could be good for towing. Others tow with them.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:33 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2005 MasterCraft Prostar 197 & 1989 190
I pull each year over 3,000 highway miles. I have the Evolution Cover on my 190 and the factory cover for the 197. Both work great. I wrap all the way around the rub rail to about 6 " below with 5 layers of wide pallet wrap. I also cover the glass with two layers of furniture blankets. No issues with scratching at all, ever.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:13 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2006 X2, Pontoon, Nitro 882
If you want to trailer with the cover on, just wrap the boat in saran wrap then put the cover on. I also HATE trailering with the cover on as almost all covers will scratch the gel coat if not put on and tightened up perfectly. i just go around the boat with a large roll twice where the cover touches the boat and this works perfectly.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:26 PM

Boat: XT22
^^ wrapping is a good idea. I've trailered without the cover on many times, and when the rain comes, it makes for a lot of cleaning. My X14 shipped from TX to MA without the cover, and there was a lot of residue to clean. Shipper confirmed what weather showed - the boat cme up during some summer rains. There was some asphalt "residue" that splashed into the bow seats. I'd have preferred to deal with any scuffs due to the cover.