Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Old 10-03-2019, 02:24 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1998 MasterCraft ProStar 205 LT-1
Late 90's ProStar Rear Hatch Cover

I'm not sure what years it was made, but the rear cover that sits above the fuel tank on my 1998 ProStar 205 actually blew off while we were running up the lake last weekend. How it didn't blow off running 65mph down the interstate for the 200 mile trip to the lake baffles me. Maybe it's because I trailer it with the walk-through window down (which cuts down on air flow) and when we were boating we boat with the window open. We were cutting into a headwind when it blew off. Regardless, it does float (at least for a few minutes) LOL. So I looked at the aluminum "L" brackets that hold the rear part into the notches cut into the stern, and I just ordered two replacement plastic fasteners (their official name is 11/32" double-ended xmas tree fastener) to replace the worn out ones that go from the cover into the stern. I did a search on the topic and I'm not sure I'm calling the rear cover the proper name, but has anyone else had experience with this issue?

Thanks!