Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 08-01-2020, 03:31 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2007 X45
Beautiful Blower but Broken Breaker - 2007 X45

The blower on my 2007 X45 has never worked since I bought it, so I finally am getting around to fixing it. I jumpered the switch and got the old blower to turn, but it sounded like rocks so I installed a new blower.

The blower switch currently isn't getting any power. I've pressed the breaker a million times, but it never does anything. I checked the voltage on the back of the breaker, and the breaker (bottom right) is getting 12 volts in (red/white wire) but 0 volts out (yellow/orange wire, checked on stud).

So it seems to me that the breaker is broken. Is it possible to replace or repair just the individual blower breaker? If not, any reason why I couldn't move the blower wire to the breaker for the wash or shower (neither of which are installed in my boat)? If I move the wire I would, of course, put a new label of the breaker.

Old 08-01-2020, 04:03 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 93 190
You can move to another circuit. No problems. Make sure you have the correct amperage limit for that new circuit of which the blower is currently using. I'd say so...

Just be certain you get the wiring properly in place from one to the other.

2 Peter 1:38