Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-31-2020, 06:31 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2009 X-55
Thanks for the post. Unfortunately I’m not in a position to buy a brand new MC, I’m looking at stuff that’s roughly half the price. I went to Wizard today, they are completely sold out of their G’s. Only thing left there is the Xstar and it’s going to be there for a while most likely. They said they’re not getting any action on it, the interior design is turning everyone off.

Martin Motorsports just got a 2016 X23, black/green flake. 7.4 engine and only 90 hours. They’re asking 139k Cad for it, the same price as the original boat I posted about. However that boat has the 6.2 engine and 190 hours.

My X55 is now officially sold, buyer picked it up today. Going to miss that boat for sure.

How many people have 16 X23’s and have good experiences with them? It seems to get mixed reviews for surfing
Old 07-31-2020, 06:58 PM
Administrator

Boat: XT22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proedge View Post
Thanks for the post. Unfortunately Iím not in a position to buy a brand new MC, Iím looking at stuff thatís roughly half the price. I went to Wizard today, they are completely sold out of their Gís. Only thing left there is the Xstar and itís going to be there for a while most likely. They said theyíre not getting any action on it, the interior design is turning everyone off.

Martin Motorsports just got a 2016 X23, black/green flake. 7.4 engine and only 90 hours. Theyíre asking 139k Cad for it, the same price as the original boat I posted about. However that boat has the 6.2 engine and 190 hours.

My X55 is now officially sold, buyer picked it up today. Going to miss that boat for sure.

How many people have 16 X23ís and have good experiences with them? It seems to get mixed reviews for surfing
Are you talking about the XStar with the blue interior? I kind of like it, and it's way outside of the box for me, typically.

I don't think you can go wrong by waiting. Either the boat market will crash, or the people buying whatever available will turn to buying exactly what they want next year. Either way, the market should be ripe on used boats. JMO.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:57 PM
TT Enthusiast

Yes that Xstar. I had a look inside of it and it’s just not for me. I could maybe consider it if it was a really good deal, but it’s not. And the dealer is not willing to negotiate at all on it, they said they’ll just wait for the right guy to come along who likes it.

I’m definitely going to keep looking around until I find something I really like if I’m going to pay top dollar for something.
Old 08-01-2020, 01:49 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2018 X23
I have a 2018 X23 that has an amazing surf wave that would be similar to your 16’s you are looking at. The hull design makes it a more finicky than the newer X22 that I have also played around on. Getting the right weight on it and the correct list towards the surf side takes some work and a little finesse, but once you get it dialed in, is an incredible wave. The switch tank ballast and new hull design on the X22 alleviates some of that extra effort needed on the X23. I carry 600 lbs lead-wake with me and adjust passengers around that helps. Great boat that will not disappoint. Good luck in your search. The build quality, design and interior are at the top of its class.
Old 08-01-2020, 03:17 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 X-Star
Have you checked extreme water-sports, in Chilliwack, BC ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2020, 02:28 AM
TT Enthusiast

I’ve had a bad experience with them, not going to buy a boat or anything else for that matter from them.

I think there will be more boats hitting the market this month, I’m going to keep my eye out for something. I went and looked at an X23 in person and it felt tiny coming from an X-55. I may end up getting a G25
Old 08-02-2020, 10:47 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: X45. 2012 6.0
I have a 16í X23 purchased new. My experience is donít put it in reverse during a surf session and the wave is great on both sides (thanks 44).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk