Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 10-29-2019, 01:10 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft X45 2008 indmar 8.1
Mastercraft X45 Engine wont run !

Hey.

I just bought an X45 2008 with indmar 8.1 L . Every thing was fine until one day i tried to start the boat but my battery was dead, so i changed both batteries to a new one, then my issue come up as the engine cranks but it wont run, but when i increase the idle to high RPM it runs and when i take it to neutral it shuts down!! . the first thing i tired to check the kill switch and it was fine , after that is my fuel pumps, it was working well and i thought it was old so why not to change them, i fixed new pumps but still was the same issue, changed the spark plugs, checked the coils and the sparks was good. then i removed the injectors and cleaned them, checked all the fuses but the issue was still there. i spoked emailed indmar and they suggested that i have to check my IAC and TPS sensors . i looked for them and i did not found any of them around the throttle body or the cable or my throttle lever. My throttle body is an electronic so i think the sensors is with in the throttle body. i don't know now is the throttle body need to be changed or it is from something els!! i looked online and they are saying that the black plastic part of the throttle body which has the sensor can be changed. so i dont know about that info. my throttle body part number is 1257080 RME75- in indmar it is very expensive, can anyone suggest any aftermarket throttle that can fix my problem?

the thing is that i cannot check for any ECM faults as we dont have any mastercraft or indmar dealer and no one has any diagnosis system!!

any recommendations or suggestions what to look for and to do to solve my issue?

Last edited by jim93; 10-29-2019 at 01:35 PM.
Old 10-29-2019, 02:35 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002, X30, L-18
I had a similar issue happening with my 2002 X-30 with the L-18 engine. Every time I brought it back to neutral or idle it would die. My dealer ended up replacing the IAC and reflashing the computer. It has never done it since and that was 14 years ago.

Good luck, you are on the right track.
Old 10-29-2019, 03:02 PM
TT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostar205 View Post
I had a similar issue happening with my 2002 X-30 with the L-18 engine. Every time I brought it back to neutral or idle it would die. My dealer ended up replacing the IAC and reflashing the computer. It has never done it since and that was 14 years ago.

Good luck, you are on the right track.
yea this is the first though that i had in my mind. the thing is that my throttle is by wire so the TPS and IAC are not separate parts.
Old 11-07-2019, 05:16 PM
TT Newbie

hey guys,

i have changed the throttle sensor but the issue is still the same. i tried to open the engine intake monifold and what i found that i have broken pushroad and most of them are not straight aligned they are angled !!! is this a main reason of my issue with the engine ?

Tags
help!