Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > MasterCraft In Your Area

Old 02-10-2021, 01:32 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by XT21LakeAnna View Post
He said he thought he heard they have multiple locations. So maybe one of the NC dealers getting new place.
Interesting. That would play into the Carolina Watersports theory. Would bring MC and Centurion to the lake. I doubt Webster as well, but I was just suggesting that they are really the only dealer currently in the area that you would expect to carry a brand like MC. A new dealership would make sense for sure. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out!
Old 02-11-2021, 01:51 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2019 XT21 selling 1998 Ski Centurion
Sorry to change the subject but...

I am wondering how the water and weather usually are in the beginning of April? It looks like I will be picking my boat up in Orlando the last weekend and week of March so I will be on Smith mountain lake the 1st and 2nd days of April. Hoping for a few warm days and a debris free lake.
Old 02-11-2021, 02:13 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slvr Bulit View Post

I am wondering how the water and weather usually are in the beginning of April? It looks like I will be picking my boat up in Orlando the last weekend and week of March so I will be on Smith mountain lake the 1st and 2nd days of April. Hoping for a few warm days and a debris free lake.
It could 70s (or even 80s if you are lucky), but it could be cold (50s). That time of year the weather is all over the place. I just looked and last year April 1 was 54, April 3 was 71, April 7 was 82, and April 10 was 54 to give you some perspective. It's basically a crap shoot. I don't usually go out at that time of year, so I'll let others chime in on debris, but I would think it would be okay in the bigger parts of the lake unless there had been a bunch of rain in the weeks before you get there. I would definitely keep my eyes open either way, and I would avoid going too far up either river.
Old 02-11-2021, 02:13 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1992 PS 205-285HO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slvr Bulit View Post

I live 25 miles from the lake, and early April could be snow, sleet, 60 or 70 degrees. March is overall much colder than April so the later in April, the more likely you'll see the temps close to 70. Water will be cold, somewhere between upper 40's to upper 50's.

Stick to areas between the State Park and dam and debris will not be a concern. They rarely are a concern on SML, b/c flooding was rare....until last year when 3 or 4 events brough debris into the lake. But even then not much makes it that far down the lake.

I invested in a hybrid dry suit this fall. I skied on Jan 2nd and hope to make use of it on those warmer days in April while the water is still freezing (to me).
Old 02-14-2021, 04:46 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 79 S&S. 87 Prostar Powerslot. Present 95 Maristar 200VRS
Can anyone on SML recommend a GOOD marine upholstery shop in the area? I had a shop in Lynchburg fix my engine cover and he did more harm than good.
Old 02-14-2021, 07:28 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 MasterCraft XT22
I know satterwhite in Lynchburg usually does great work. Not sure if they did your work or not.
Old 02-14-2021, 09:59 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 79 S&S. 87 Prostar Powerslot. Present 95 Maristar 200VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakejunkie View Post
I know satterwhite in Lynchburg usually does great work. Not sure if they did your work or not.
Yes, they did. Maybe they just rushed my job but I'm not willing to try again. The seat cushions are holding up but the work they did on the engine cover/sun pad was bad to start with and the thread and staples have been coming loose since day one. I found the previous thread from 2015 and I will see if "Got It Covered" is still around, as mentioned by Blackhawk.
The owner of Lynchburg Upholstery on 460 passed away a few years ago and they closed up shop.

https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...pholstery+woes
Old 02-14-2021, 10:07 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhudgins View Post
Yes, they did. Maybe they just rushed my job but I'm not willing to try again. The seat cushions are holding up but the work they did on the engine cover/sun pad was bad to start with and the thread and staples have been coming loose since day one. I found the previous thread from 2015 and I will see if "Got It Covered" is still around, as mentioned by Blackhawk.

The owner of Lynchburg Upholstery on 460 passed away a few years ago and they closed up shop.

Have you tried calling one of the big dealers in NC to see if they know anyone? A little further drive, but if you have had trouble, it might be worth it.
Old 02-15-2021, 09:48 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 MasterCraft XT22
Sorry to hear that they messed your cover up. Maybe try kings in Roanoke. Not sure of too many shops at the lake.
Old 02-16-2021, 09:52 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1992 PS 205-285HO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhudgins View Post

I had the same experience with the same Lynchburg shop on my old ProStar. They didn’t use marine vinyl, knowing it was going in a boat. Sloppy stitching, etc. I sent the rear bench seat from my current boat to Viper in TN. Well worth the UPS charges. Satterwhite learned from Charlie Fears who was one of the best in VA. But their quality of work is not what Charlie’s was. I don’t know if Carl Bowyer at Straightline does vinyl work (or just covers) but he would be my first call. 540-875-9343