Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 07-29-2020, 11:45 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
wow for the price of these new rigs having interior issues like this is really disappointing. my 13 year old x2 with 800 hours only has one spot the stitching needs to be redone. Other than that in excellent condition.
Old 07-29-2020, 12:16 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2019 XT22
Not sure I really agree it’s a vinyl issue. Sure, there should be an easier way to get into the boat. Is the handle design wrong? Maybe. I don’t like walk throughs instead of seats, so mitigating risk and having a company that stands behind their product is fine with me.

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2020!!!!!!!!

2019 XT22-Wetsounds galore
2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Old 07-29-2020, 12:43 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2005 XStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC25 View Post
Not sure I really agree itís a vinyl issue. Sure, there should be an easier way to get into the boat. Is the handle design wrong? Maybe. I donít like walk throughs instead of seats, so mitigating risk and having a company that stands behind their product is fine with me.
Don't like walk throughs? Why is that?

It doesn't seem to me it's worth the one seat you get by not having a walk through.
Old 07-29-2020, 12:44 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2017 XT23, previous was 2004 XSTAR, first was a prostar 190
I don't have the flip down seat in my XT23 and at first was bummed I didn't have it, but now glad I don't have it all. That seat wasn't ever a seat it was a step. I took it out and it hasn't been in my boat in two seasons. I put a yeti in there and use that as the step and a seat at times.

edit. not sure threw that CL can on the floor but I will be finding out!!!! lol
Attached Images

2020 LONE STAR MASTERBASH!!!!
Old 07-29-2020, 05:27 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: X24 2019
It’s good we are talking about it and I think this is the only way to improve the product. In some way all buyers are beta testers. The design without walkthrough generates a concentrated spot Of stress on the seat on every step and this has to be dealt with somehow. I wouldn’t mind if the seat would have firmer cushioning on the areas where people usually step on. Maybe a little area marked “ step here “ would guide the passengers.
Maybe the. CoolFeel is not the right material to use in high stress areas? The boats are great and with improvements they even become greater. It all boils down how MC handles the warranty issues.
Old 07-29-2020, 08:36 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2018 X-Star
my 2018 tore around the handle too after the end of the first season. Had the skin replaced under warranty and it is starting to stretch and looks like it will give way soon again.

at this pace I will of had that seat replaced 3 times in the 5 year warranty. Definitely something wrong. Coming through the center walkway leaves you no other place to step than immediately next to the handle, which puts a lot of stress on that vinyl. I can't spend my whole day babysitting people who get in and out of the boat telling them not to step next to the handle.
Old 07-31-2020, 12:46 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: n/a
Its happening on my 2019 X22 as well. It was actually already happening when I bought the boat (had 16 demo hours). I made sure to take pictures before it left the dealer so they’re going to replace them this winter. I dont think the cool feel has near the longevity of the old vinyl. There were a few boats on the floor where you could see where part of top layer was scraped off looking like long scratches. Love the concept but not the execution.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:29 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Achilles sg124
Talk to any upholstery guy and he will tell you nothing last longer than good ole regular heavyweight marine vinyl. Does Mastercraft even offer this as an option anymore?
Old 07-31-2020, 03:18 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2020 XT22 & '91 PS190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisonskis View Post
The boat was before a demonstrator for the swiss official Mastercraft importeur and we had an issue last summer with the low voltage warning. Couldnít switch off the engine without getting the loud beeper on. Therefore the amount of hours.

Nevertheless the 450 hours is comparable with about 12000-20000 miles / 1-2 years wear and tear of a car. My Mercedes GLS doesnít show any kind of signs of wear in the interior after 2 years of usage as family car. I would expect similar quality from a comparable top notch brand like Mastercraft.

I think the selection of materials and controlled elasticity of the middle seat could be an upgrade to avoid too early ripping of the cool feel material around the fliphandle and seat cushion seams.

Do you stand on your Mercedes seats? Do you get in the car soaking wet? Not sure itís a perfect comparison. Iíd also say 450 hrs is closer to 50,000 miles in a car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2020, 05:25 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: X24 2019
Hi

I sit a lot in my Mercedes and my dog runs around a lot there with sharp claws.:-) The drivers seat left side is usually exposed to most tear&wear due entries&exits over that corner. There are 20 year old Mercedes there with very little signs of wear and definitely no tearing apart.

If 450hrs are 50.000miles you are cruising with an average of 111mph. Thatís impressive! I do maybe over the lifespan of a car maybe 30-40mph.

Car seats are not designed to step on. Boat seats, especially in a boat without a walkthrough, NEED TO BE DESIGENED TO TAKE THAT LOAD!

How do you get on the Plattform in an X24 without stepping on a seat? A video would be great to see that ;-)

Cheers

Chris

Tags
coolfeel, seats, upholster, vinyl, x24