Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 10-13-2019, 03:14 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2008 X2
I cleaned up that connector a bit, I have no idea why the gray/clear and black wire were spliced, it seems to have been done to reduce the gauge of the wire for the connector, but it shouldnt have been neccesary. I checked all the pins and all were fine, so I only cut back the bare wire and put on a new pin, and then spliced new wires for the other two.
I found a 4 pin connector by the motor, 3 red wires going to the circuit breakers by the battery switch, and a black wire which was disconnected. I have connected it to ground.
I also checked the other connectors, which seem to terminate and didnt find any corrosion on the pins. Do you mean the corrosion could be in the cap where I cant see it?

Im not sure whether I got bad readings the first time, or reparing those connections helped, but I now have around 8.3v at each of the gauge connectors. Is this correct?
The behavior of the gauges are still the same unfortunatlely, key on, gauges seem like they want to cycle and go up maybe a quarter inch then back down, and dont give any readings.
To others that have had issues, is this similar behavior to what you had?
Old 10-13-2019, 03:22 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2008 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzick View Post
Like this.
I dont have these on my 2008, there is a car style fuse holder, one for vdig and one for mmdc, both were fine. Power and ground at the main mmdc connector is also fine.

Anyone thing next step is to replace the mmdc? Or are they unlikely to fail?
The one I have is $140 on GLS
https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/ma...t-gauge-module