Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-23-2020, 07:38 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Maristar, 230 VRS, 2000, LT Corvette
2000 Maristar hatch jack jacked up!

My 2000 Maristar has a problem. The electrical plug for the hatch jack came disconnected while the hatch was closed. BIG problem.. Well i got the pin at the top out but sort of buggered up the bracket bolted to the hatch... Today i noticed that one of the screws had fallen out with the tee nut still attached and the other one is bent and won't unscrew.
What is behind the mount? It appears to be some sort of metal assembly but now its all mussed up. Has anyone but me had this happen.??? I guess i will have to remove the upholstery to get to the problem. Then have an upholstery shop recover the hatch.
BOAT...
Old 05-23-2020, 08:28 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Nautique
Assume your talking about the bolts at the top attached to the sun deck ?

I actually removed the ram entirely on my 2000 Xstar. Put gas shocks and a latch on it . It’s just t nuts on the plate to my recollection. I believe I may have done a write up on it with a parts list and all. If I didn’t someone else had their version.

Its very simple to slowly remove the upholstery you don’t have to remove the entire piece. Just take your time and undo the staples ( there are a lot). You only have to pull 1/4 of the the entire deck to get enough room to access the plate . Pull the entire side of the hatch back to front and that should fold over enough to access the plate You can easily re staple the upholstery in place (use stainless ) , There are (2) layers of staples. One layer is hidden in the center of the welt , pull those , then it leads to to the next layer which has the craziness. With your upholstery most likely being older try and not pull by the upholstery to keep ot from tearing. Pry the staples. Instead so you have a nice clean piece to restaple.

2000 Mastercraft Xstar
2004,2005 Ski Centurion Avalanche C4
2003, Ski Centurion Cyclone
99,2000,2001, 2002 Ski Centurion Elite V/Hurricane/lightning
88 2001 Nautique