Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 11-22-2020, 10:23 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1992 ProStar 205, 1991 Ski Pro
^^^^^

mikeg205,

Deja vu!

The trailer for my 205 looks just like yours. As we speak, it's being sandblasted and painted, then home for new bunks and wiring.

And coincidentally, I bought mine in Illinois 7 years ago
Old Yesterday, 10:34 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Pro Star 190
Gave up on GatorBak for now since I thought it would look odd to have an exposed painted 2x4 under a covered one. They donít do 4x4s.

So Iím following everything I found on other carpet threadsódonít cover the bottom wood entirely, electric staple gun, stainless steel staples, etc.

But this has turned out quite interesting with my odd stacked and angled 2x4 bunks for this wrongly-matched trailer. Maybe I should have just done 4x4s!? Combo of odd angled cuts, extra bolt holes, warped pressure treated wood after I thought Iíd been pretty selective...not as easy as it looked, just stapling carpet on bunk boards. But itís coming along, worlds better than what it was, I think. Learning not to try to copy the old boards and bolt holes, just start with them on the trailer.

Finishing front bunks and roller, then getting more lights and wiring while starting on fenders. Have to figure out a way to get the fender bolts with broken heads out.

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Name:  IMG_1939.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  25.2 KB
Name:  IMG_2078.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  31.1 KB
Old Yesterday, 11:20 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 93 190
Someone before you went to great lengths to modify that trailer.

As you put in the new wiring, make sure you have a clean bare metal surface for the ground wires at each light.

Looks good so far.

Patience.

2 Peter 1:3Ė8